Cat equipment arrived yesterday in Pennington to start road for pad. 3.5 inches of rain last night halted this action. Hopeful for the end of the week. Still looking for drilling permit to be posted.

Views: 37745

Replies to This Discussion

Joseph,

TxDot laying people off --- someone invented a "kick stand" for shovels--- Lol

When a contractor is paid "turn key" the efficiency goes way up --- plus the oil field can afford to hire the best of the best men and equipment 

yep - low bid doesn't cut it.  Its about the best blend of cost, and exactly how well you did on the last project....

Crew worked from 7 to 7 both Sat and Sun on our Penny Lane site. They are building this "red dirt road" really high. I went by the site on Fodice Rd 2 today-Cattle guard was built and gate closed-no one working. I could sort of see equipment on the pad site through the trees.

Joseph,

Are you satisfied that XTO may have as many as 4 location projects going now in the Fodice,Holly and Pennington AREA ???  

FYI ---- Barrow Shaver (Tyler) seems to have a prospect that may overlap with some of the XTO acreage ---- they seem to be trying hard to sell it or promote a JV partner ---- they have printed up a flyer/map/prospectus etc. and have bought booths at a couple of O&G expos to advertise their project.

Thanks Vernon/Joseph

Keep us posted about the pipeline also as this is important landowner news as well

BTW ---- The survey crew I saw was working near the Enbridge pipeline but I also saw stakes way beyond the easement area out and around the corner of fm 1280

Does OneOk intend to follow the Enbridge line through Houston County ?

According to the landman that I talked to (when they asked for survey permission) the Sterling III will follow along the existing Oneok pipeline.  This pipeline parallels the Enbridge through part of S. Houston Co. but turns north east of where the Enbridge turns north.  They continue to parallel each other east of Crockett but at a greater separation (1-2 miles).

BTW - Five pipelines cross just north of that intersection.  Headed north from there is the Energy Transfer Co., Mobil (both from Corsicana), Enbridge (from Crockett), Enbridge (from Grapeland), then the Oneok (Medford to Mont Belvieu).

Zoch construction from Centerville did the dirt road on the Fodice 2 RD road and pad site and are the ones doing the one here in Pennington across from the cemetery. Heard that they were late in getting the Fodice site ready because of the rain and the designated drilling rig had to go somewhere else. Should be finished with dirt work on Pennington within 10 days. Could have another site here in Pennington.

Joseph,

Did you make a round this weekend and see any new "snappin turtles" ?

Have already posted about this in Example Houston County Completion. Penny Lane drilling permit posted on RRC today. Hopefully this is just the beginning for Pennington and Trinity County.

Now we have "Abbey Road" and "Penny Lane".  Maybe XTO will start another named "The Long and Winding Road" on my place near Friday to complete the "Fodice Triangle".  :-)

Revolver W1 in today.

Maybe next "strawberry fields forever?"

I just hope none of us are singing "yesterday"! Kind of interesting that XTO comes in and gives the indication that large sections will be included in the units  (i.e. 600+), then steps back and only includes the basic land/mineral owner with a small acreage.  From other records, looks like they may include a larger # with a later request for horizontal drill.  Comments?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service