Cat equipment arrived yesterday in Pennington to start road for pad. 3.5 inches of rain last night halted this action. Hopeful for the end of the week. Still looking for drilling permit to be posted.

Views: 37745

Replies to This Discussion

I have been told that there is a new well being drilled at the moment in Trinity County, I think near Apple Springs but am not sure, targeting the Woodbine. Small/private company, not listed a company. I have tried to find where/what it might be but have been unable to find anything.  Anybody with any ideas on how to search for it?

There isn't anything permitted around Apple Springs since two years ago when Leor drilled the Forestar #1. It was about 2 miles north of town. I think it was shut in so maybe someone is doing something on it...?

jffree,

Believe that well is producing to sales line but pretty low volumes ------ also been hearing that another test well might be in the plans ?  not sure what zone this time

In driving around Houston, Trinity and Angelina counties I have noticed that old pipelines are being re-worked as well as new ones being put in. About halfway between Groveton and Trinity, it looks like they are putting in a much bigger sub station, maintenance property location. I don't know what the proper name is for those places.

Thanks Joseph - 

The pipeline work could be on pump stations, if oil, compressor stations, drip tanks, or some other infrastructure if gas.  Recently 2 very good completion reports by BBX in Jasper County were either in the woodbine or immediately below.  Zaza  was very upbeat in their quarterly conference call on November 12th.   

The area needs oil pricing to firm up a little, which is going to have to come from the global demand side.  It will take time, but I think you;ll see folks identifying new hotspots for the Eaglebine in 2014 and 2015.  

I believe that is part of the OneOk Sterling III NGL pipeline being installed across Trinity & other counties.

Almost all leases between Revolver and Penny Lane have now expired. Even the land where the Penny Lane pad is now an expired lease. Talk about a big disappointment! Does anyone know of other areas where a company has actually left a completed road and pad? There is a large block of about 3000 acres adjoining Penny Lane on the east that is leased through 2015 with XTO.

EnCana pulled out of San Augustine County with pads & roads built and a dozen wells permitted. But gas was heading down toward $1/mcf about then so it was disappointing but not a surprise.

I agree a big disappointment. It seems weird  to spend the money on leases ,roads, and etc. and just pull out. I was very excited that X.T.O. was leasor as figured they knew what they were doing. Is Revolver and Abbey Lane abbey Lane producing anything now. Revolver seemed to do good for awhile. I sure hope something big will still happen.I know I sure loved the excitement when I just knew Pennington would be the next major oil field. I even dreamed about it.

Everything has been quiet in Pennington--a lot of 2009 extended leases have expired. However some have been receiving calls in the last 3 weeks about new leases. Lease on Penny Lane constructed pad has expired. Revolver reported no production from June through Nov 2013 but production reported for Dec 2013, Jan 2014. Some calls have been from a small company but this week there were some calls received indicating it would be for EOG. This is for acreage around Pennington. Cant believe XTO has just left this whole project out in the cold, but it would be nice to get some competition going. Maybe EOG is going to buy out Revolver. Oil and gas warriors, please do some snooping and let us know any rumors or facts. Thanks!

If you are in the county go check at the courthouse to see if anyone is filing leases. I would check the most recent index to see what is being filed and by who. You might be surprised what you find. Leases are usually found in batches all filed at the same time and you may find assignments or other interesting agreements between operators which might give a clue as to what area they are working.

Anymore leasing news around Pennington? also leor around apple springs. any activity at all deep or shallow. any drilling yet on shallow permits? Heard about leasing southwest of Groveton towards Trinity..

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service