After several months of reviewing leases by Tacoma Energy, HEP Energy and EQX for lands from Hwy. 1 just south of Caddo Lake eastward to the river and extending somewhat into Bossier Parish I am relatively sure that the target is the Annona Chalk.  The client upon whose behalf the listed land companies are taking or have taken leases also acquired a couple of state leases in the Soda Lake area through New Holdings LLC.  That and the recent permitting of two wells by Petro-Chem Operating Company lead me to believe that the first wells will be drilled soon.  The Mills & Co 6 #1 is a vertical well.  The Chevron USA Inc 7H Should be the first horizontal attempt at economic production.  Although it is possible that Petro-Chem is behind the prospect with some investor assistance, it may be that they are fronting for a larger energy company that would prefer to remain unknown until the initial wells deliver enough science to validate the play and help define the extent of the productive fairway.

CADDO 01 244950 MILLS & CO 6 001 29-MAY-12 P289 006-20N-14W 2152 CADDO PINE ISLAND 1700  

CADDO 01 244951 CHEVRON USA INC 7 H 001 29-MAY-12 P289 007-21N-15W 2152 CADDO PINE ISLAND 6210

Views: 11579

Replies to This Discussion

Gary Salmon does business under several business names.  I've run across his companies offering leases on numerous occasions.  I don't know Mr. Salmon personally and don't have any reason to think he is doing anything wrong.  He and most lease brokers would likely be surprised and disappointed that a landman in their pay used scare tactics.  I'd still contact one of the three companies I list above if you wish to entertain an Oil & Gas lease at this time.

HPS OIL & GAS PROPERTIES, INC. Business Corporation LAFAYETTE Active

Previous Names
Business: HPS OIL & GAS PROPERTIES, INC.
Charter Number: 32513340D
Registration Date: 1/26/1979
Domicile Address
  118 DEMANADE BLVD.
  LAFAYETTE, LA 70503
Mailing Address
  C/O GARY SALMON
  118 DEMANADE BLVD.
  LAFAYETTE, LA 70503
Status
Annual Report Status: In Good Standing
File Date: 1/26/1979
Last Report Filed: 1/4/2013
Type: Business Corporation
Registered Agent(s)
Agent: GARY SALMON
Address 1: 118 DEMANADE BLVD.
City, State, Zip: LAFAYETTE, LA 70503
Appointment Date: 5/17/1983

Officer(s) Additional Officers: No 
Officer: GARY L. SALMON
Title: President
Address 1: 118 DEMANADE BLVD.
City, State, Zip: LAFAYETTE, LA 70503

I would guess it would depend on how the landman presented it.  If he threatened all sorts of bad things from force pooling an unleased owner, then he might have crossed the line. But simply pointing out that the landowner might be force pooled anyway may very well be the truth.  Landowners need this fact to determine whether they would be better off taking their lease bonus and royalty (if any) or waiting to come in at 100% after payout.  It's a business risk determination that, in my opinion, he should consider. 

FYI.......Ax Energy is representing Anadarko and Skip is correct in that $500 and 22.5% appears to be the going rate.  

CSC Energy applies for 7 ANN C RU Drilling Units in the Caddo Pine Island Field and designates Petro-Chem as operator.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch_070611/UCMRedir.aspx?url=ht...

Does this mean much opportunity for neighbors? I own a quarter section in S4, T21N, R15W. Does it help any to advertise I have good access, including good roads, and would be a willing landowner/mineral rights owner? or do they find you if they want to look for additional sites and no need of trying?

It is something you should be aware of and follow.  The best way to follow beyond discussions here on GHS is to learn how to navigate the state O&G database, SONRIS.  You can keep up with progress and be prepared in case you are contacted in regard to a lease.  If CSC/Petro-Chem is interested in exploring your land, they will contact you.  If they are successful in making commercial wells they will "step out" from this 7 section footprint in an attempt to define the productive extent of the Annona Chalk in N Caddo.

Here is a link to the SONRIS Help Center group.  Some of the links may have changed but the instructions are still good.  Let me know if you need any help.  Petro-Chem has drilled a vertical test well and two horizontals to date.  Other than those wells this application is to set up drilling units.  There will still have to be well permits issued before more wells are drilled.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/sonris_help_center

I was contacted by this company, HPS Oil & Gas Properties, today about a mineral ownership interest in some North Caddo parish property. What should my first move be? I'm not getting much input from the guy, how do I find more info to know how to respond? Any input would be appreciated!

HPS is one of the business names used by Gary Salmon.  Mr. Salmon has a land company and serves numerous clients.  The question here would be who is his client and what is the formation/zone of interest.  There are no leases recorded with the Caddo Parish Clerk of Court at this time in the name HPS Oil & Gas.  That may indicate that this lease effort is in it's early stages.  What is the location of your mineral interest by section-township-range?

HPS OIL & GAS PROPERTIES, INC.

Business Corporation

LAFAYETTE

Active

Previous Names

Business:

HPS OIL & GAS PROPERTIES, INC.

Charter Number:

32513340D

Registration Date:

1/26/1979

Domicile Address

118 DEMANADE BLVD.

LAFAYETTE, LA 70503

Mailing Address

C/O GARY SALMON

118 DEMANADE BLVD.

LAFAYETTE, LA 70503

Status

Active

Annual Report Status:

In Good Standing

File Date:

1/26/1979

Last Report Filed:

1/8/2014

Type:

Business Corporation

Registered Agent(s)

Agent:

GARY SALMON

Address 1:

118 DEMANADE BLVD.

City, State, Zip:

LAFAYETTE, LA 70503

Appointment Date:

5/17/1983

Officer(s)

Additional Officers: No 

Officer:

GARY L. SALMON

Title:

President

Address 1:

118 DEMANADE BLVD.

City, State, Zip:

LAFAYETTE, LA 70503

Amendments on File (2)

Description

Date

Domicile, Agent Change or Resign of Agent

3/13/1980

Domicile, Agent Change or Resign of Agent

11/25/1980

I have no idea of the section, township & range info. Maybe in the area of 21N 14W 26 - 28, 32 - 35?

Without the section-township-range it's difficult to be sure but Dixie-Belcher is in the Anadarko Haynesville Liquids Play.  Andadarko has had four land companies leasing for them over two and a half years.  HPS is not one of those four.  If they are leasing for Anadarko that would be a very recent development.  Suggest that you ask the landman if the lease is offered on behalf of Anadarko.  If it is then you can use the information contained in those Anadarko discussion threads.  You can also ask him/her for the section-township-range.  They will know.

Sorry, I looked up the area & went back to edit my previous post! The guy wanted succession info on my parents and a signed affidavit. Should I get an oil & gas attorney to check it out?

The chain of title is likely incomplete for your ownership interest.  Do you know how many mineral acres you own?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service