Pryme has requested that the trading of their stock be put on hold until Thursday, August 23rd pending the release of an announcement.

They must have found a farm-in partner.  Maybe this will get things going again.

Views: 3189

Replies to This Discussion

I see that the Rosewood Plantation well is being drilled.

Another blow to the AC, sounds like some redrilling from the surface casing.
John,

While this is not good, its not catastrophic. The strata above the AC are unstable. That's why you run intermediate casing. It could be caused by any of several problems. Wrong mud, mud out of balance, heaving shale, loss circulation that caused the well bore to collapse or just dumb luck. I've been surprised that there have not been more problems to this point in both the AC and the TMS. It is a little strange that they are junking the entire hole below the surface pipe. Something catastrophic must have happened.

First positive Southern Avoyelles AC news in about a year:

www.prymeenergy.com/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/2168-43858220/Si...

Sure hope to see these guys be successful. Anadarko who?

The AC is where they all should be drilling.

posted on sonris concerning Rosewood Plantation 21H.  I don't know what it means, maybe somebody else out there...

02/11/2013 05 19178 DRLD F/ 19167' TO 19178'; MAKING WIPER TRIPS; PULL OUT HOLE;

wiper trip

1. n . [Drilling]

An abbreviated recovery and replacement of the drillstring in the wellbore that usually includes the bit and bottomhole assembly passing by all of the openhole, or at least all of the openhole that is thought to be potentially troublesome. This trip varies from the short trip or the round trip only in its function and length. Wiper trips are commonly used when a particular zone is troublesome or if hole-cleaning efficiency is questionable.

I wouldn't be to concerned. A wiper trip is just a good drilling practice. You make sure that there arent any tight spots or troubled areas in the open hole prior to pulling out with drill pipe and running the casing string.

If you find a tight spot or cuttings beds on the wiper trip that were not removed when drilling and circulating, you ream and wash through them with the drill string rather than fighting them while trying to run casing.

They are evidently having problems with hole integrity in the 11 ft. they have drilled since tripping for bit last week. My guess would be that they will not try to make the 20,000+ ft depth that they planned to drill. Once they clear this problem I would expect them to run the slotted liner and test the well.

Just posted on Pryme's site:

ASX / Media Release 12 February 2013
Completion of Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 Underway
Turner Bayou Chalk Project
HIGHLIGHTS
Drilling concluded and completion operations underway
Perforated production liner being run
19,178 feet total measured depth
Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 (61.53% Working Interest / 46.15% NRI)
Drilling at the Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 well has been concluded and completion operations
are underway. The decision to commence completion operations was taken after consideration of
the recently intersected fracture system and the additional time and mechanical risk associated with
continuing to drill the lateral while managing the well pressure and volume of oil and natural gas. The
total measured depth of the well is 19,178 feet (5,845 metres) including the 4,500 foot (1,361 metre)
lateral.
“We are very pleased with the response of the well and are looking forward to the successful
installation of the production liner over the next few days,” said Justin Pettett, Pryme’s Managing
Director. “Flow testing of the well is scheduled to commence later next week.”

Now we wait for the rest of the story, but that's not too bad so far!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service