Is $81,250 Total Return a conservative estimate for royalties over the life of the play for 1 acre? Or I could use Cheseapeake's numbers and arrive at $142,187.50

Check my math.

If the EUR for 1 section is 52 BCF

divide 52,000,000,000 by 640 acres

divided by 4 (25% royalty)

divided by 1,000 (mcf)

multiplied by $4.00 per mcf

EQUALS

$81,250

Does this sound reasonable?

Did I forget to include something.

I tried to be VERY CONSERVATIVE.

FOR SOME REASON CHESAPEAKE HAS A STORY OUT USING $7.00 FLAT PRICE FOR GAS. I ADDED THIS TOO JUST FOR FUN.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going today.
Thanks Tay,
Hope you find something with alittle fringe on em. Sure will be watching the market Monday. :-)
Earlene the barefooted UMO
Earlene:

Provided that there is not so much UMO to warrant E&P to stay away and not drill any further wells in your area.

Otherwise, you'll just be Earlene, barefoot.
Dion,
I know my shoe size. I know their plans. I'm good to go.
Earlene barefoot to feel my land beneath my feet
One would only hope that you know your shoe size by now.
Parker and Earlene,

I can handle that budget even with those conservative numbers. Thanks.

Tay
Parker:

This is a good point, in the HS area there is a fair amount of HOSS/CV/LCV reserves that would not have been economical to extract on their own (or to transport via pre-HS infrastructure) which could now be added to the mix since the cost of the vertical wellbore through these zones can be primarily paid for by the HA reserves beneath them.

Also the Arklatex has not been known as a primary location of significant adamantium reserves, so I would not factor these into your analysis. Even if it were, adamantium cannot be economically recovered through a wellbore.
For those who have not previously participated in the in-depth and quite scholarly discussions of adamantium, I offer the following definition:

Adamantium is a fictional man-made metal alloy that has been depicted largely within the pages of comic books published by Marvel Comics. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

A somewhat humorous reminder that you can, and occasionally will, get your leg pulled on GHS. LOL!
Skip,

I'm glad that I am barefoot. Someone could lose a shoe by it getting jerked off during the leg pulling.

Earlene the barefooted UMO
Heaven forbid!
Wonder who would be screaming "Conspiracy Theory" first? lol :0)
Henry,

If I wanted present value, I would call Skip and try to sell some minerals.

I just wanted to get a feel for what it MIGHT bring over time.

No one in their right mind thinks that gas is going to stay below $4 in the future.

And I plan on sticking around for the next 50+ years to collect my mailbox money.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service