Having property in this area is like riding a roller coaster!!!!!

Views: 11772

Replies to This Discussion

Steve,

I tried to advise Pryme's people, in an email, that they should do a massive acidzation and then a gravel/sand pack or a slick water treatment before completion. The person I emailed with did not want to hear that. According to him; they had a plan that did not require any stimulation or any formation stabilization or enhancement. I tried..............

No one seems to know what is going on at LaCour #43.  Last talk was that they were going to install a lift mechanism.  Do not see anything on SONRIS Lite, still reporting zero production of oil.  We just gotta wait.

Still no production numbers in SONRIS Lite.  Bad indicator.  I can not figure out if they drilled their SWD well by it.  It was permitted but looks like no action.  Looks like they are off trying to figure out what is going on, that's trying to put a positive spin on it.  I'm figuring we made our money out of the lease, again.  Anybody heard anything?  If so speak up.

Sure looks that way William. Sure wish Pointe Coupee was getting the activity that is happening in TMS across the river.

The geology can not be that just different across the river.  i agree the river is nigh on to a mile wide but that is not much distance geologically speaking.  True, some maps show the Edwards Ridge running right under the river (as if they actually new where it is being a large formation).  I do find it strange that on the Pointe Coupee area in Pointe Coupee Parish it is the Austin Chalk and directly north across the river it is the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.  Just gotta wait.

Chip,

I hope this makes sense. I think you are talking about "apples and oranges". The Austin Chalk is one formation, then there is Eagle Ford and then right above Tusc is the TMS. The Austin Chalk is thick and naturally fractured near and below (South of) the Edwards Shelf - that's what Anadarko is drilling for in your area. The TMS is above the Edwards Shelf and is much easier to drill and fracture in the area North of it. That is not to say that the EF and TMS are not in the area below the shelf. They just have not been tested because they are deep. While the AC is also in the area above the Shelf it is limited in the thickness and the amount of natural fractures and it is not being pursued in that area. I guess it comes down to there is interest in the TMS above the Shelf and Austin Chalk on or below the Shelf at the present time. That may change if a company wants to take a look at deep EF or TMS at some point in the future.

I always enjoy a good technical explanation.  I was aware of the locations of those strata not necessarily their relationship.  There is no question our lease is for the Austin Chalk (second go round for a lease in that strata).  And we are well aware of the Tuscaloosa Trend, a much deeper formation and almost all gas, not wet but I am sure it produces some condensate.

At one time the plantation had about six acres in production via the Wilbert well on the back of Stonewall Plantation.  That sight is identifiable but grown over and shut in and capped.  That well produced for about two years and was said to have "sanded over."  I kind of believe it was a poorly drilled and developed well and those in the know probably figured it was not viable to rework.

Since that time the plantation has been leased four times.  Once for just Tuscaloosa Trend, later it was leased for Austin Chalk only and within a year was released for both Austin Chalk and Tuscaloosa Trend.  Now it has been leased again by essentially the same folks (once Union Pacific Resources which morfted into something else like Union Pacific Resoures  XXXXX).  Some where in the mix was Chesapeake for a while before UPR.  Now it is Basin Resources which is aledged to be a front for Anadarko who at some point absorbed Union Pacific Resources et al.

Past information says the region has been well studied via two dimensional and now three dimensional siesmegraphic analysis.   So this kind of tells me that they know the minerals are down there, but the price of oil (or energy) needs to be around a $100 a barrel to make it worth while to drill.

So here we are again with a lease, price of oil around $100 a barrel but with a developer that seems to be ignorant of how to get the minerals out.

Let's hope Anadarko has figured out how to do the job and will return and do LaCour #42, and do a better job of drilling that well.

Chip,

There is a difference between the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS) and the Tuscaloosa Sands (TUSC). The TMS is a shale directly above the Tuscaloosa Sands and could have liquids. That remains to be seen in your area. No one has tested it this low on the Shelf. Also, There is Eagle Ford Shale directly under the Austin Chalk. Neither of these two Shale plays are plays yet in your or my area. My hope was that Anadarko knew what they were doing and we would have some GREAT AC wells. That has not happened. So time will tell if any of these other formations are producible. 

Yes, I am well aware that the TMS is some what of a cover/cap for the Tuscaloosa Trend (sand formation).  The TT has several reservoirs to tap.  And yes, the Austin Chalk is above the TMS.  Our lease is specific regarding Austin Chalk and Tuscaloosa Trend (TT).  There is no mention of TMS.  No one is leasing for  the TMS in Pointe Coupee.  Eagle Ford is a big deal in Texas but not in Louisiana.  There are some that the name changes in Louisiana and it is basically the same geological formation we associate with TMS.  Go figure. 

Now all the leases in West Feliciana are for TMS.  Some of which are on the same plane as the LaCour #43 well - it sort of sits between the two zones.  All that tells me is that they are going deeper in West Feliciana than in Pointe Coupee or the siesmic data shows a different thickness of the name stratas - that is the Austin Chalk is thinned out and the TMS is thicker.

Deep gas in Pointe Coupee is associated with Morganza, Moore Sams, False River and the big daddy of them all Judge Digby Fields.  Those fields are all Tuscaloosa Trend wells, quite deep - 18 to 20 thousand feet deep.

Our holdings are considered to be in the Moore Sams field though we are up against the Morganza field.  One could say it is either one for Tuscaloosa Trend. 

We have had in the past a lease just for the Austin Chalk.  It had a bottom of 16,000 feet and thus we knew they were avoiding the Tuscaloosa Trend.  They came back the next year with a new lease and a bit more money for both.  The current lease is the same way, except of course the royalties are different for the two strata targets.

We too are waiting for something to happen.  We have been waiting for 20 years.  Like I said we had some production in the early 1980's and none since.  We can not determine the overall value of the land based on minerals.  We are not going to sell but it is nice to know what is might be worth and at $2,000 an acres is no where near the real value.

And the beat goes on.

It seems like a good sign to me that they reapplied for their permit on Lacour 42 after it expired.

Andrew

Where are you getting your info on Lacour 42 permit?

It's on page 28 of the most recent scout report on the Tuscaloosa Blog: http://tuscaloosatrend.blogspot.com/? Says it was repermitted 2/7/12.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service