Last year I purchased a 5 acre tract in Caddo Parish T15n R16W section 28. I received the mineral rights with this purchase. The property was leased in 2008 by the previous owners who never received any royalties. I have discovered an error in the lease.  The tract is located in section 28, however the lease description states section 29.  Section 28 has an early Haynesville well, but section 29 was never drilled.

Chesapeake is the operator in section 28 and I have sent them royalty demand, notice of the lease discrepancy and provided subdivision maps From the Caddo conveyance records with section lines clearly indicated. I also included a statement from a surveying company stating the tract is in section 28.  Chesapeake has indicated the title discrepancy must be fixed prior to putting us on the pay deck but has indicated what we sent them will not suffice.  I believe a Notarial Act of Correction would be my next move but cannot locate the original Notary and his credentials have expired.

Any suggestions from the board would be appreciated before I consult an Attorney.

Views: 796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Risk penalties are not applicable to unleased mineral interest owners in LA.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service