Good morning,
My 85 year old mother was visited by a young man requesting an approval to lease her property for &500.00 an acre with a 1/4% royalty for five years. He is with WildHorse Resources d/b/a Antrim Exploraion, llc. We need to know if we should trust these people and sign or should we talk to a lawyer first. Would appreciate any help on this matter.

Views: 6918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am very ignorant in these matters, but as I read the OP, her mother is being offered one quarter percent rather than a one quarter royalty. Perhaps just a typo, but??

I's a typo.

$500.00 an acre sounds awful low. I got $5000.00 an acre in 2010.

MS, just to be clear you are saying you got $5K/acre in 2010 in Lincoln Parish? 

2010!?  That's a million and a half years ago, isn't it?

Hmmm, I wonder what Chesapeake stock was in 2010?  

So far, the most important thing I have learned about Oil and Gas is that things change faster than the babysitter’s boyfriend when the car pulls up.

San Augustine County. I forget how much all this changes over such short (realatively) distances.

Dot's mother's lease is not related to the Haynesville Shale as there is none in Lincoln Parish.  Wildhorse is drilling over-pressured conventional Cotton Valley/Lower Cotton Valley Sands.  Lease bonus offers for proven Haynesville Shale areas are generally quite different in 2015 from 2010.

Natural Gas sold for $8 then and now its $2 so ya go figure.

Hello,
I'm new to this site and not sure if this is where to post but Wildhorse caught my eye and thought maybe someone can help with some info.. About 7 weeks ago we were contacted by a landman Robert Alvarado who is doing leases thru V.L.C. Inc for Wildhorse recources. Apparently my husbands family sold property to the state of LA for the construction of HWY 20? near Ruston about 75 yrs ago and the family still owns the oil/mineral rights. There's just over 9acres in Lincoln Parish and is divided amongst several cousins. We live out of state and this has come out of the blue and not sure what to make of it. Does this sound legit?

The mineral rights for all of the lands acquired as right-of-way for Interstate 20 were reserved to the owner as an inprescriptable mineral servitude.  So yes, those who sold land for the Interstate continue to own the underlying minerals.  VLC Inc. has been taking leases for Wildhorse Resources, now MRD Operating, for several years.  And it is VLC's job to track down current owners and offer them a lease.  It is a legit offer.  Congratulations..... and welcome to the World of Found Money. 

Thanks for your reply! Not sure there will be much money for such a small amount of land, split amongst several people lol. Our concerns were entering into a legal contract with unknown people in an unknown situation. We're on the fence about contacting a lawyer, but very glad to know this is all legit!

Don't skimp on due diligence because of the relative small acreage.  You haven't mentioned the location of the mineral tract and you don't necessarily need to do so.  You should however know that it is possible that nine acres in the right location could very well be worth some hundreds of thousands of dollars over the productive life of wells which include those minerals. 

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service