We have property in extreme NE Bossier Parish, TS23, that borders Lafayette county and we are getting some lease offers.  This property was continually leased for many years but the past 2 or 3 years it has went unleased. Samson Contour has made the latest offer but I don't know a lot about this company.  The land man says they want to drill for natural gas in the Cotton Valley.  I would love to get some input and some comments and advice from all the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than I am.  The lease from Samson seems to be the best offer and sounds about right for this area which is unproven aside from some Pettit oil producers in the area.  Kieth, Skip, Aubrey, Ted, anyone else jump on in there and give me some help.  Thanks

Views: 17378

Replies to This Discussion

I doesn't appear to be Brown Dense related because a number of leases have depth clauses that specifically exclude the entire Smackover formation.  Some even exclude the Haynesville.  I'm thinking some kind of liquids play between 4,000' and 10,00' TVD, approximately.

Not the Brown Dense.  Several leases I reviewed specifically excluded the entire Smackover formation.  At least one also excluded the Haynesville.

Name Type City Status
MERRITT LAND COMPANY, L.L.C. Limited Liability Company BOSSIER CITY Active

Business: MERRITT LAND COMPANY, L.L.C.
Charter Number: 35658776 K
Registration Date: 3/3/2004
Domicile Address
  2638 VANCEVILLE RD.
  BOSSIER CITY, LA 71111
Mailing Address
  C/O RALPH C. MERRITT
  2638 VANCEVILLE RD.
  BOSSIER CITY, LA 71111
Status
Annual Report Status: In Good Standing
File Date: 3/3/2004
Last Report Filed: 2/10/2012
Type: Limited Liability Company

Registered Agent(s)
Agent: RALPH C. MERRITT
Address 1: 2638 VANCEVILLE RD.
City, State, Zip: BOSSIER CITY, LA 71111
Appointment Date: 3/3/2004

Officer(s) Additional Officers: No 
Officer: RALPH C. MERRITT
Title: Manager
Address 1: 2638 VANCEVILLE RD.
City, State, Zip: BOSSIER CITY, LA 71111
Officer: CONNIE JO MERRITT HATTEN
Title: Manager
Address 1: 221 MASTERS LANE
City, State, Zip: MIDLOTHIAN, TX 76065

Skip the guy that called me was from Meritt Energy services Lafayette, La. 1018 Harding Suite 205A zip 70508   337-706-8650          

The other company leasing from Benton to Rocky Mount is HEP also from Lafayette which you listed in the north Caddo area leasing earlier.

Thanks for sticking with it, inthestix.  The name is not Meritt, it is Merit Energy Services.  And yes, they are out of Lafayette at the address you state.  The dots are beginning to connect.

Would appreciate any additional information that you acquire!    About the dots! lol  Thanks

What we need now are some reports from members in 22N-14W-12W who are approached by Merit Energy.

I was also ask about land my family owns in Sec.6 T22N R11W.as was my neighbor there.

Skip where is 22N-14W-12W?  I will make some inquiries.

Townships 22N - 14 W is due west of Plain Dealing covering the highlands on the east side of Red River and the flood plain along and west of the river into Caddo Parish.  22N - 13W is due east of Plain Dealing along Hwy. 2 roughly to Mot.  22N - 12W extends further east across Bodcau to about Sarepta.

Thanks will see what i can find out.

My family has had 2 offers for acreage in 23N-12W from Jb Land Services and Merit Energy Services.  The landman with JB Land Services is telling me that my family are the only ones left to sign a lease in the section.  He also states that as soon as they get the section leased they were going to drill a well.  But they don't seem to be getting in a hurry, I haven't heard from the landman since April 25.  I am assuming JB Land Services has the whole section signed except my family.  I have a proposal from Merit for the same acreage.  So far JB Land Services have made the best offer.  Would it be a wise choice to concentrate on signing a lease with JB Land Services since they have already leased practically the whole section?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service