We have property in extreme NE Bossier Parish, TS23, that borders Lafayette county and we are getting some lease offers.  This property was continually leased for many years but the past 2 or 3 years it has went unleased. Samson Contour has made the latest offer but I don't know a lot about this company.  The land man says they want to drill for natural gas in the Cotton Valley.  I would love to get some input and some comments and advice from all the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than I am.  The lease from Samson seems to be the best offer and sounds about right for this area which is unproven aside from some Pettit oil producers in the area.  Kieth, Skip, Aubrey, Ted, anyone else jump on in there and give me some help.  Thanks

Views: 17378

Replies to This Discussion

Merit was concetrating on T22. Odd to me that they are up in 23.  But they have 2 different guys who dont know what the other is doing! Both have called the same landowners in T22 so that doesnt surprise me!  JB is making a better offer but they are not leasing in T22. Although it is very likely they are working for the same large company!

Merit hasn't recorded any leases yet.  J B land has.  I'm out of town and don't have my file.  I can tell you where J B Land has leased when I get back.  Remind me Monday.

I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by a Merit person in Lafayette about leasing in Section 1, Township 22n, Range 12w. I know of someone else in the same area that he also contacted. Neither of us felt good enough about our conversations with him to seriously consider leasing.  I was not impressed with the guy and did not get answers to some questions I asked him. I am recalling strictly from memory, I believe he discussed:

- a 4 year lease with a 3 year option

- 1/5 royalty

- Merit represented a drilling an undisclosed entity that planned to drill a deep, very expensive well in about a year

-  other folks in my property location have already leased (I really wonder)

drillbit, I think it likely that Merit and J B Land are leasing for the same client.  The sections immediately north of Section 1- 22N - 12W have leases to JBL.

Skip, talked with JB today and I asked if they were leasing for a common client and was told no.

Dave, most of the landmen at JB Land wouldn't know if there was another land company working adjoining areas for their client.  And those that would, would not admit it.

Skip, agree to an extent. They are aware of Merit working south of 23. We've leased 660 acres to JB, so obviously, I've had many conversations with them. The bulk of it in 23/12; rest in 23/13. The speculation, and I emphasize speculation, is Merit could be working for Hodges or CHP. I've been told that whoever JB is repping is looking to punch in late summer. Who knows?

BD, is your CHP referencing Chesapeake?  I have notes on every JB Land lease that has been filed with the Bossier Clerk.  And Samson Contour's adjoining to the east.  It is possible, although unlikely IMO, that the ongoing leasing we are discussing in N Bossier are not related.

Not far from you drillbit and there are several of us just like you!  Just not good enough. Need some offers like JB gave in T23 and ones HEP is offering just north of Benton!

Have you asked Merit if they think J B Land has all the section leased excepting your tract?  How many acres do you own in the section?  Whoever the actual operator turns out to be they will be obligated to honor the terms of your lease. So get the best lease terms regardless of which company you choose.

My family owns 40 acres in the section that is almost completely leased up.  They agreed to lease some additional acreage in 2 different sections.  I haven't heard from Merit in about a month.  Merit wanted to lease everything that was available that my family owns.  Some was under production and they would try and get approval.  But it sure has gotten quiet.

Don't be concerned that things have gotten quiet.  J B Land is still taking and recording leases.  If you can wait until I get back I'll add up the leases in your section and confirm whether J B actually has what they claim.  Regardless 40 acres puts you in a good bargaining position.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service