We have property in extreme NE Bossier Parish, TS23, that borders Lafayette county and we are getting some lease offers.  This property was continually leased for many years but the past 2 or 3 years it has went unleased. Samson Contour has made the latest offer but I don't know a lot about this company.  The land man says they want to drill for natural gas in the Cotton Valley.  I would love to get some input and some comments and advice from all the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than I am.  The lease from Samson seems to be the best offer and sounds about right for this area which is unproven aside from some Pettit oil producers in the area.  Kieth, Skip, Aubrey, Ted, anyone else jump on in there and give me some help.  Thanks

Views: 17378

Replies to This Discussion

Can only hope that this oily stuff continues on down to South Bossier Parish -- y'know, all the way down to 16N 11W.

That'd really make my day, cher.

Leasing offers up to $325 per acre by in T22 by Merit !

What royalty?  And range?  22N - ?

still only offering 20% and range 12W , I wont tell what section, land owner ask me not to! 

Thanks inthestix, the section isn't needed.

Skip,  there was word that leaked out or maybe just a rumor that the company leasing was going to drill a deep expensive well! Horizontal??  There is a 25 square mile 3D survey that was done in this area 2 years ago floating around in someones possession!  Interesting!

I look forward to Merit recording their first leases in Bossier.  That may help connect a few dots. 

Thanks Skip,  so far landowners that have signed have no $.  That also puzzles me unless they have a draft.   I will have to ask them!  I do know that some of the larger landowners ask for more than the offer and they have not contacted them again yet. Looks like they are making first contacts and hoping landowners will take first offer before they come back.

Another offer from Merit to a neighbor with small amount of acreage, $350 and 20%. T22R12W.

I have small acreage in T23R12W, offered $300/acre and 20% from Merit. Called O&G attorney and they said it was a good offer for my location, no recommended changes to the lease.  30 day Draft was presented with lease, but hasn't cleared yet (it's been approximately 2 weeks since I presented it to the bank).

Liz, I know it's none of my business, but I was just wondering what law firm that was?

Firm must not know too much about this area since i have been getting 22.5 for the past 3 yrs on a well i have land in a unit!  But i am in T22. Although we are dealing with a different land leasing company. I do have a close friend that got 25% and $300 in T23.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service