We have property in extreme NE Bossier Parish, TS23, that borders Lafayette county and we are getting some lease offers.  This property was continually leased for many years but the past 2 or 3 years it has went unleased. Samson Contour has made the latest offer but I don't know a lot about this company.  The land man says they want to drill for natural gas in the Cotton Valley.  I would love to get some input and some comments and advice from all the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than I am.  The lease from Samson seems to be the best offer and sounds about right for this area which is unproven aside from some Pettit oil producers in the area.  Kieth, Skip, Aubrey, Ted, anyone else jump on in there and give me some help.  Thanks

Views: 17378

Replies to This Discussion

Lease activity picking up again inT22 by Merit..

Leasing resumes in T22!  Merit returned 2 weeks ago making contact again with landowners.  Drill baby drill!!

What sections...what range?

Ranges 11 & 12     from webster parish line to Plain Dealing everything north of Hwy. 2 east is all i know of at this time.

Plain Dealing is in range 13 isn't it?

I have a few acres just east of Plain Dealing and north of Hwy 2 in range 13 and haven't had anyone contact me..

I believe it is.  I am not sure if they are in 13 leasing or whether they have leased any property in that range. 

PG they have leased in T22N R13W. Sections 1 and 12. I had to look back through this thread to find it. Most of property leased has been in T22N R12W and T22N R11W.

76 leases filed to date covering 22N-13W - Sections 1,12; 22N-12W - Sections 1,2,4,5,7,8,9,11,12,14,15; 22N-11W - Sections 6,7,8,9,10,11,17 and 23N-12W - Sections 23, 25, 26, 35.

How large are the units in 12n-13w?

Is there a way to look up what has been unitized?

Drilling units are formed by stratigraphic zone or formation.  The size of the unit is dependent on what zone or formation is being unitized.  A single section may have multiple drilling units of different sizes at different depths.  As far as I know there are no unit applications associated with the leases filed by Merit Energy at this time.  Pick a field in 12N - 13W and I'll describe how to search for unit orders within that field.

Skip, i now know the operator involved in this current lease

Great.  Gonna share it?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service