Lest We Forget! Dem's Desire "Socialized" Energy Sector

Hmmm... wonder if royalty owners mineral rights would be absorbed via "Emminent Domain"?

Wonder if Maxine Waters will renew her desires once gasonline prices start rising?

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaY3LhJ-IQ&feature=related

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why do dirt poor people wanna be Republicans....?

you dont own a business,
you need the mininum wages increases,
you need to be notified 60 days before a plant shuts down,
you need better public schools,
you need grants to attend college,
you work hard but still qualify for food stamps.....

we all know the reason, its nicer to say I'm a Republican than to say I'm a racist!
Hi Ray:

That's REALLY ugly. Matter of fact, that's about the nastiest thing I've seen posted on this website.

You are a pathetic, despicable person. What's your IQ? Somewhere around 98? That would be about it for a person that uses the race card to try and silence their opposition. What a loser!

Jay Murrell
Huh? I've seen much fouler remarks including your most recent than Ray's. Okay I promised myself I was going to avoid the political discussions & I slipped. Retiring again right now.
ray your comments are provacative to say the least?
and Tiger Cdo do you know what justificatin is?
Tiger:

If Ray, and the other liberals of his ilk, want to stoop labeling their opposition as racist they are committing a debate stopping slander.

How about this:

"I'm certain that all liberal men are feminized faggots, either overt or in the closet."

I don't believe that statement, but it has as much validity as Ray's remark about racism and conservatives or Republicans.

Jay Murrell
So could the same be said for female homosexuality?
Is your husband aware how you feel about him?
Ray,
I am one of the R's that you wrote about. I am definitely not the other R. Racists can be found in all of the political parties, including the one that you belong to.
Maw,
You must understand that it's a complex that over takes people sometimes. More often than not, they feel that calling other people racist will somehow in a strange way make them feel better, or somehow relieve them of some of the guilt they feel for having more than the people they claim to defend. Take for example all the people in Barack's cabinet who didn't pay their taxes. They claim to defend the low income wage earners and the working man in the United States, but yet they don't even do the most basic function that insures that, pay their taxes. The problem is most americans can't see thru this little show, not because it's their fault it's just hard to understand sometimes. But remember it you do figure it out and speak up, you'll be called a racist, Hitler or whatever they can smear on you. Don't let it bother you Maw, I would bet anyone $100 you do more in private to help people, than most of the people who claim to defend them.
I try to be of help to all people Dorcheated regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, politics or race. It is the way that I was brought up. I thank my good parents for the raising that I received. If I can't help you, I sure don't want to hurt you!
To paraphrase the scriptures........How can you see a splinter in your brother's eye when you have a beam in yours?
Here's some interesting interesting reads on racism.

Racial discrimination is treating people differently through a process of social division into categories not necessarily related to race.

Barbara Trepagnier’s research shows that virtually all whites hold some negative stereotypes and assumptions about African Americans and other racial–ethnic minorities, what she calls silent racism. In her book, Silent Racism: How Well-Meaning White People Perpetuate the Racial Divide (2006), Trepagnier demonstrates how the negative stereotypes and assumptions of whites reproduce institutional racism, also known as systemic racism. She argues that the oppositional categories commonly used to think about racism—Racist and Not Racist—hide silent racism and other insidious forms such as color-blind racism. Replacing the outdated categories with a continuum labeled More Racist and Less Racist would expose these subtle forms of racism that are more closely linked to racial injustice than outright bigotry is.

Color-blind racism as developed by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva in Racism Without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality (2003) refers to the claim by some whites that racism is no longer an issue since passage of the 1960s civil rights legislation. According to Bonilla-Silva, color-blind racism is an attempt to maintain white privilege without appearing racist.

Historical economic or social disparity is alleged to be a form of discrimination which is caused by past racism and historical reasons, affecting the present generation through deficits in the formal education and kinds of preparation in the parents' generation, and, through primarily unconscious racist attitudes and actions on members of the general population. (e.g. A member of race Y, Mary, has her opportunities adversely affected (directly and/or indirectly) by the mistreatment of her ancestors of race Y.) The common hypothesis embraced by classical economists is that competition in a capitalist economy decreases the impact of discrimination. The thinking behind the hypothesis is that discrimination imposes a cost on the employer, and thus a profit-driven employer will avoid racist hiring policies.

As an ideology, racism existed during the 19th century as "scientific racism", which attempted to provide a racial classification of humanity.[11] Although such racist ideologies have been widely discredited after World War II and the Holocaust, the phenomena of racism and of racial discrimination have remained widespread all over the world. Some examples of this in present day are statistics including, but not limited to, the ratio of black men in prison to free black men vs. other races, physical abilities and mental ability statistics, and other data gathered by scientific groups. While these statistics are accurate, and can show trends, it's inappropriate in most countries to assume that because a particular race has a high crime or low literacy rate, that the entire race of people automatically are criminals or unintelligent.

Late nineteenth century nationalists were the first to embrace contemporary discourses on "race", ethnicity and "survival of the fittest" to shape new nationalist doctrines. Ultimately, race came to represent not only the most important traits of the human body, but was also regarded as decisively shaping the character and personality of the nation

A racial concept, although sometimes in the guise of another name, will remain in use in biology and in other fields because scientists, as well as lay persons, are fascinated by human diversity, some of which is captured by race

Racism has been a motivating factor in social discrimination, racial segregation, hate speech and violence (such as pogroms, genocides and ethnic cleansings). Despite the persistence of racial stereotypes, humor and epithets in much everyday language, racial discrimination is illegal in many countries.

Ironically, anti-racism has also become a political instrument of abuse. Some politicians have practiced race baiting in an attempt to win votes. In a reversal of values, anti-racism is being propagated by despots in the service of obscurantism and the suppression of women. Said philosopher Pascal Bruckner:[17]

"Anti-racism in the UN has become the ideology of totalitarian regimes who use it in their own interests."

I note the fact is, slavery was legal in this country, for its first 100 years in existence as a nation. THe civil rights act, aka the Ku Klux Klan Act, which was needed to curb the systemic suppression of the black vote, the fact that those in power were often the ones perpetrating violent acts of hate because of their own disdain of persons of a different color or creed, etc. which was rampant even into the 1960s, was passed in the 1960s, signed into law by Pres. Johnson. Note, that was only 40 years ago. And, for anyone to suggest that the stain of racism has been wiped out is simply being ignorant.

The modern day approach to racism is the color blind racism and the anti-racism models: simply deny it exists and obscure it from real discourse.

For anyone to deny being "racist," is silly. We all are, to a degree or another. Recognizing it, owning it, and dealing with it is what adults do. Children stay in the sandbox and throw sand at each other and whose debate skills typically are: "yes, you are"~"no, I'm not" "you are, too" "No, I'm not" etc. etc.
face the facts:

when David Dukes was lock stepping for governor, his republican campagn had nothing to do with politics, it was all about race.

we had the highest voter turn-out in the history of Louisiana, and I dont mean democrats & republicans:

sometimes the truth hurts.... but it is what it is !!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service