Mammoth Minerals Application For 12 Haynesville Shale Units in Cross Lake area

Mammoth Minerals has registered with the LA SOS and the DNR/OOC as an operator.  The company has no wells listed but has applied to create 12 Haynesville Shale units generally covering much of central and the west end of Cross Lake.  The bottom two thirds of Township 18 North, Range 15 West.

MAMMOTH MINERALS, LLC Limited Liability Company (Non-Louisiana) HOUSTON Active
Previous Names
Business: MAMMOTH MINERALS, LLC
Charter Number: 43179338Q
Registration Date: 8/28/2018
Domicile Address
  440 LOUISIANA STREET
  STE. 900
  HOUSTON, TX 77002
Mailing Address
  440 LOUISIANA STREET
  STE. 900
  HOUSTON, TX 77002
Principal Business Office
  440 LOUISIANA STREET
  STE. 900
  HOUSTON, TX 77002
Registered Office in Louisiana
  3867 PLAZA TOWER DR.
  BATON ROUGE, LA 70816
Principal Business Establishment in Louisiana
  3867 PLAZA TOWER DR.
  BATON ROUGE, LA 70816
Status
Annual Report Status: In Good Standing
Qualified: 8/28/2018
Last Report Filed: N/A
Type: Limited Liability Company (Non-Louisiana)
Registered Agent(s)
Agent: C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
Address 1: 3867 PLAZA TOWER DR.
City, State, Zip: BATON ROUGE, LA 70816
Appointment Date: 8/28/2018

Officer(s) Additional Officers: No 
Officer: PETER B. GRUNDBERG
Title: Member
Address 1: 440 LOUISIANA STREET
Address 2: STE. 900
City, State, Zip: HOUSTON, TX 77002
Officer: VIGNESH PRODDATURI
Title: Member
Address 1: 440 LOUISIANA STREET
Address 2: STE. 900
City, State, Zip: HOUSTON, TX 77002

Views: 2732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both principals are connected to Glendale Energy Capital and do not appear to have any operating experience.  Maybe an investment anticipating a WI position?

North of Cross Lake would put the AOI into the area that has been reported to have increased clay content.  The new well completion designs are impressive but wouldn't seem to have the ability to overcome as less ductile lithology. Opinion?

That's what I am thinking.  In my reply above I meant to write more, not less, ductile.  Ductile:  able to be deformed without losing toughness; pliable, not brittle.

Saw a lease offer from Mammoth today for T17N R15W section 25.  It had two options.

#1 Bonus of $1000 per net mineral acre, 3/16 royalty, 3 year term with 2 year option.

#2 Bonus of $750 per net mineral acre, 1/5 royalty, 3 year term with 2 year option.

I do not have a dog in this hunt, however I believe both offers need some serious tweaking. JMO

I generally agree with jay but would add the following.  My opinion would be informed by location.  If the offer was for the northern portion of 18N-15W, I might consider the one fifth royalty based on other lease terms advantageous to the lessor.  For Section 25, 17N-15W, I would not consider either offer.  I would want a quarter royalty and a bonus per acre in the $1000 to $1500 range.  What is known at this point is that the southern two thirds of 17N - 15W are dis-risked.  Meaning the chances of drilling economic wells is high.  The risk of finding non-economic rock goes up as you go north.  The actions of companies at this point tend to point to them thinking that the chances of making good wells extends to the southern two thirds of 18N-15W.  I hope they are right but anything in the northern two section tiers of 18N and north from there is a crap shoot owing to the historic Haynesville wells drilled there that were not economic due to increased clay content.

Mangum Methodist Church, S12-17N-15W received an offer from Mammoth Minerals for 18.465 mineral acres of $1,000.00 per acre and 3/16 royalty, 3 year term with 2 year option and no other offer. We meet Tuesday night to discuss offer.  Would like imput on this matter.

The bonus is the least important lease term.  The royalty fraction and a few other beneficial and protective clauses should be the focus.  3/16th. is far too low but it is where companies like Mammoth Minerals like to start out.  In other words, a far distance from 25% which is the accepted, standard royalty fraction for acreage prospective for the Haynesville Shale.  I would suggest that you call their bluff by countering with a 25% royalty and no bonus per acre. 

Here's the bottom line, Mammoth Minerals is looking for an override.  They can't get one at 25%, it must be something less.  If you refuse the 3/16th., they will likely offer a fifth (20%) and tell you that they can not offer more.  If you sign for that they will get a 5% override.  If theycan't get an override, they will more than likely walk away but then the company that will actually drill the wells will come offer you a 25% royalty lease when they are ready to begin development.  The operator is going to give someone a 25% royalty, will it be the church or Mammoth Minerals?

Whatever you decide, get an O&G attorney to draft an Exhibit A to the lease.  It may cost $400 to $600 but that is a small investment for a contract that the church will live with for a couple of decades.

Thanks Skip, all options will be considered. Your imput is very valuable.

You're welcome, James.  If you need a referral to an O&G attorney, let me know.  Not just any attorney will do.  It needs to be one that has a substantial, on going O&G practice.  And hopefully you will get one that has already been dealing with Mammoth Minerals.

Hey Ronny.

I got an offer from Mammoth in T17N R15W section 12

Bonus of $500 per net acre, 3/16 royality, 3 year term with 2 year option.

serious tweaking you say...lol

12-17-15 doesn't even have an application for well spacing at this time.  The Mammoth offer is indicative of no plans to drill in the foreseeable future.  Once there is approved well spacing, the offer should improve somewhat.  Along the lines of RONNY's offer #2.  That may be as far as Mammoth is willing to go depending on how many acres you own in the section.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service