So, it 100p on June 25, 2009 and Obama has just given the synopsis of his energy bill that is going through the House right now.
Not one mention of how clean natural gas is and that natural gas is the clean fuel. In fact he never mentions natural gas at all. He wants to build windmills....
Natural gas prices have gone down hill since he is unwilling to speak out about the massive amounts of reserve we have in the shale and other places.
So, where does this leave us now? And natural gas prices?

Tags: Obama, energy, gas, green, natural, windmills

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and you gotta have something, if you gonna be with me.
Yeah, but that's how Jim spelled it, I didn't have any choice but to go with it.
Jim,

You and who else?
Dorcheated,

Good luck with this discussion. It is like talking to two brick walls. I am done with it....Thanks for being so nice....much appreciated....
Thanks Dorcheated, I needed the reinforcement. Here is an article supporting the comment about moving jobs overseas and unemployment rates sky rocketing. Of course when I post this, I will certainly take more flack from others. I agree common sense is something you are born with and for those that are in denial time will tell. Speaking of Common Sense, have you read Glenn Beck's book yet?

http://neoavatara.com/blog/?p=6363
Pleae try to post facts and not right or left drivel!!!

Here is the quote on outsourcing from your source:

"You want even worse news? The conservative prediction of jobs moving overseas…it is starting. Numerous financial institutions are moving higher paying executives overseas to avoid Obama’s cap on executive pay. And the employees here are being paid more than before…because otherwise those people are leaving those jobs for better paying ones. Tim Horton’s, the breakfast restaurant, has decided to move from Delaware to Canada. Why? Because the corporate tax rate in Canada is 15%, or half of what it is here. There is simply no reason to stay in the United States. Just like Sarbanes-Oxley, these kind of restrictions placed on businesses ultimately can lead to predictable results.

Who are the numerous financial instituitions? Who ever heard of Tim Horton? Is this some big company, or a focus group of one, or is he some right-wing talk show host (we call them wing-nuts)? People stay in the US for the same reason you do! It is the best economic system in the world with the best standard of living.economic.

Look Lynn, you and I don't agree politically-and never will--but try to post hard data from reputable sources that might then foster a debate over policy. Your posts have no verifiable meaningful data and make no sense except to non-thinking idealogues.

The unemplyment rate is continuing upward because the economic data was revised downward in March for the 4thQ of 2008 (before Obama took office) to a (6.5%). That is the biggest drop in 43 years! And it occurred on your President's watch. OH, by the way, you never rsponed to the doubling of the national debt from $5T in 2001 to 10T in 2009. Any comment.
Their hate for Obama is the same underlying racism that has always prevailed in this area. They Know things without a scintilla of evidence or proof and anyone that questions them is a fool. They are the least educated, poorest, most backward part of the United States, with the exception of the Mississippi Delta and Appalachia.
----------------------------------------------------------
Well, Mr. Krow....now this is a perfect hate statement. You are the perfect example of why hate is prevalent today.
I am first a Christian and an educated woman, conservative, charitable, kind, and an advocate for child support legislation. It is because of my continued fight for parents (custodial and non-custodial alike) that laws are being changed to protect ordered support for children within all fifty states. There will be a case to cite for this action as I am one of three plaintiffs in the United States. So, do not insult my intelligence with your back hills gibberish.
Your hate spills over into the rubbish that you pour out of your rusted container. You do not know me and because I am a Christian first I will pray for you.
That was out of line Jim. I'm not even from louisiana and I'm offended by that rant.
This may not qualify as a "fact" in your book, so maybe I'll label it a "coincidence", but more than likely its one of them "unintended consequences".

For a few years ConocoPhillips and Saudi Arabia have been working on the plans for a refinery in Saudi Arabia. A year or so ago, the project was "put on the shelf". But in the last few weeks, that project has been re-instated and bids are going out for contractors (article in tuesday's Houston Crhonicle). And about a month ago, ConocoPhillips' CEO Jim Mulva told the press and Mr. Obamma that his cap/trade/steal/pillage bill would drive oil/gas industry out of the US. Well, looks like that might be in the planning stages. So we'll have U.S. companies investing in companies and ventures with Saudi's to build a refinery in Saudi Arabia so that we can start importing refined products as well as crude oil. Yeah, nothing like becoming more dependent on the Saudi's! Next step, once the cap/trade/steal/pillage bill becomes law will be to start shuttering U.S. refineries, whereby some good folks from the unions will be laid off.

There will be others to follow this, I'm sure.

And good luck selling your home when you have to move. Bobomma's cap/trade/steal/pillage bill will force you to do an energy audit of your home and bring it up to California standards. Ever priced the replacement of all your windows and appliances/AC in your house? Thousands of dollars my friends.

A sad day. We'll have to work on the Senators from the swing states to get this killed. There are a few who fear re-election once the truth gets out about this bill. Just need to get 1 or 2 scared enough of not being re-elected to get the bill killed. Ms. Landrieu will be near the front of the line as this bill will kill off thousands of jobs and hurt most folks from Louisiana, without helping many of them. And if there's one thing Ms. Landrieu fears, its not getting re-elected to her seat in the Senate and her place at the "teat" of the government mommy pig.
Golly Gee, Jim. Whoooo. I agree with some of your items but would debate a couple:

1. After COP bought Burlington, Mulva didn't lay off the BR folks, they left! I happen to be married to one who did!

2. The majors are still in the U.S. and are big in Nat Gas. Two of the top 5 producers are BP and COP (may be the top ten now!).

3. Why is Trinidad such a great place to refine oil and ship gasoline to the U.S.? Could it be that companies are tired of dealing with the tax laws and other whacky stuff in the U.S.? Probably. Ireland is getting a lot more businesses moving there due to the fact that their corporate taxes are the lowest around.

4. Most of the tax breaks the majors "wallow" in require investment of capital, and then the tax breaks offset the investment. Its called incentivizing investments and its what makes the business world go round.
Hi Lynn,

No thanks needed, it's my job. Don't ever worry about posting facts on this site. It wouldn't matter if they are true or not, if it doesn't fit their agenda they'll just call BS on it, so it's not worth going to the trouble.

I haven't read Glenn's book yet but I look forward to it.
Lynn,

Rule: 2 Most liberals, write long post for several reasons. The first and most important is to demonsrtate their command of the English language. They love to use words that most people wouldn't use on a daily basis, this is just a attempt to make you feel small, less educated or unworthy of their attention. To demonstrate for everybody who reads their post (wow, he's really smart) once you spend enough time speaking with them you realize their not. Example: in the post from yesterday Jim Krowe uses the word (THESAURAUS) now how many freaking people use that word on a daily basis, answer none, that's Jim's attempt to make himself look smart and you stupid. A demonstration of his vast knowlege, as i have said many times, when it comes to oil& gas he is the man. When it comes to politics he can't even figure how to button his shirt up.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service