Tags: Core, Definition, PetroHawks, The, of

Views: 2824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do the little black dots or smudges represent on this map? I see I am directly under a cluster of them.
H1, I am unsure of what you are referring to as smudges but I believe that the dots are wells that Petrohawk has used as data points in the construction of their map.
H1, they appear to be well locations but don't know if just key reference wells or drilling wells at the time of the map.
They can't be Petrohawk wells. My place is directly under a "grouping" of them and there are no Petrohawk wells in the area. I can see the survey boundaries and recognize them by shape when compared to GIS viewer. when I zoom in, they look like smudges. lol. I thought they were wells but when looking at the survey boundary shapes, I can see some surveys that have various wells, but don't have the black dots. Just wondering what they represent. Maybe they are leases, but I dont' know of any Petrohawk leases in the area either. If they are wells of various operators, there should be a LOT more of them. I thought maybe they were monster wells, but none in the area, or dud wells (plenty of them in the area).
they do have an asterisk or star look to them like they represent wells, but I can't imagine what type of well or location they represent.

thanks for reponse. Just curious. Any information could be valuable at some time.

Also, this is a better map than I thought at first glance. Not talking about accuracy of HS boundaries (who really knows), but using it and locating my survey shape gave me an accurate location when overlayed with the HS boundaries (at least it is a guess).
H1, they don't have to be Petohawk wells for Petrohawk to have access to the well logs and in some cases the cores. Logs are viewable on SONRIS for wells completed at least a year. A number have been posted on GHS by Shalegeo and others. And any company, including Petrohawk, that has a Working Interest in a well by another operator has access to the logs and cores. Petrohawk's leasehold is shaded in yellow.
Do you think the map was created by using well logs or seismic data or a combination of both?
From what I can see, these appear to be ONLY wells that have at least penetrated HS, if not actually producing from it.
Jay posted this discussion and I concur with his initial comment.

Reply by ShaleGeo on May 25, 2010 at 1:55pm

I think this is a fairly accurate depiction of the core as it was derived from log data, core data, and decline curve analysis. They did not just draw the core around their leasehold position. In fact, they even point out the leases that they currently have that are worthless in their mind.
Jay

IMO, you are correct H1. The wells depicted are penetrations of the HA, whether producing or not they represent logs and/or cores.
Skip,

I wonder why petrohawk feels the northern areas are worthless. It seems the chesapeake Conger well in s15 t18n 12w is a good well. The well is choked back and still showing good production rates. I think petrohawk has so much to drill in the so called "core" that they are working hard to keep these areas hbp. If you have 3 buckets, one with $1 dollar bills, one with $5 dollar bills, and one with $50 dollar bills, which bucket will you pick? I think petrohawk is after the areas that are most economical at the current gas prices IMHO. I don't think petrohawk views the area they are not going to drill as worthless, they are just uneconomical at the current gas prices. Thanks for all you do and I enjoy reading the post on this site daily.
horseman, there is no way to judge the Conger well as there is no production reported on SONRIS. Several of the wells that are mentioned as being good producers outside the HK line had impressive IP's but have exhibited production far below their IP. The best examples definitely have no take away restrictions. It is certainly possible that they are choked back. We should keep in mind that the HK map is not an IP map, it is an EUR map. And those who claim it is inaccurate will have to wait for more data as those of us that find it quite accurate in many areas will also. I find many more instances of it being accurate than those of it being inaccurate.
H1, just to offer an additional thought - I do not think the Petrohawk map is an accurate depiction of the "core" in the southern and southwestern portion of the Haynesville Shale since it excludes some areas that contain excellent wells.

Just as a note it is not really possible to accurately map EUR's as many years of historical production data would be required to make such a determination. Clearly such information is not widely available across the Haynesville Shale play.
Once again, Les hits the nail on the head.
The southern end of the play still has not been nailed down. And the southeastern portion.
If you want an example of a great well, in the south, outside of Petrohawk's blue line (4 Bcfe), just look under the "Oil and Gas" in today's Shreveport Times, at the San Patricio well in 8-10-12. IP over 19,000 mcfe/day, on a 22/64 choke, with a casing pressure over 8000#. I'll take that out-of-core well any day!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service