Tags: Core, Definition, PetroHawks, The, of

Views: 2824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Much the same story in the whole area.
Henry, the well you speak of does not prove that the HK map is inaccurate in that area. What many seem to miss is that the Bossier is included in the depth definition of Haynesville Units. And in this portion of the Play many HA wells will actually be producing from the Bossier Shale. The Janet Messenger well is the first and best example. How close is this well to HK's Bossier prospective area line?
Skip, there are good Haynesville Shale wells outside Petrohawk's core but just in areas that Petrohawk does not have much data or leased acreage. Again - you cannot really map EUR's at this time.

I do not believe other operators agree with Petrohawk's interpretation.
IMHO, Time will tell and I believe the HK line will move. Just not more than a few miles in either direction. The exceptional wells mentioned as being outside the HK 4 bcf line in the southeastern area of the Play are no more than 2 miles removed with the exception of two which are 5. A relatively small variation for a very small number of wells.
Jack Blake sure hopes the north eastern part of Sabine Parish is in both shales. Shell drilled a well so it must be good for at least one of the shales.
Jack Blake thinks both shales are in the north eastern part pof Sabine Parish.....
Maybe wishful thinking, but with as much interest and work it has to be good for both shales.
Jack Blake thinks northern Sabine Parish has Bossier Shale, Haynesville Shale, a couple shallow gas producible formations.
Jack Blake is thinking positive.
Skip, could you give us a numerical number of your definition of a "few"?
Robert, here are 2 excellent wells in T13N-R8W and one in T12N-R9W. Addtional results should be available in 4-6 weeks.

EnCana, LeRoy Adcock 7 #H1 Well, Serial #240484, S7-T13N-R8W, Red River Parish, 18457 Mcfd, 24/64" Choke, 8422 psi Flowing Pressure

EnCana, LeRoy Adcock 17 #H1 Well, Serial #239794, S17-T13N-R8W, Red River Parish, 17003 Mcfd, 22/64" Choke, 9942 psi Flowing Pressure

EnCana, Joanna Carson 4 #H1 Well, Serial #240295, S4-T12N-R9W, Red River Parish, 15157 Mcfd, 21/64" Choke, 5729 psi Flowing Pressure
Hi Les, or Skip,
I am very interested in what is happening in the southeast corner of Red River Parish, basically T12N-R9W, T12N-R8W, T13N-R8W, all pretty much outside the 4 BCF line, but with reasonable activity by Encana. Any idea when we will have actual ground truth in this area? I know some of these well were purportedly spudded back in February. I am well out-of-state (NC), but have a small number of acres leased in that area.
Thanks much for any insight - Bob Duke
Skip, EnCana has identified a Haynesville Shale well at 17 MMcfd that is 15 miles outside of Petrohawk's "core" area.

Let's face it - Petrohawk's map is no more valid than any other operator's map.
You opinion, Les. Mine is different.

240484 - 2 miles outside the line.
239794 - 2.5 to 3 miles outside the line.
240295 - 1 mile outside the line.

From the beginning none of the regular posters have claimed the HK contour lines were exact. Some amount of variance is expected. The 4 bcf line is the most important line from an economic production standpoint IMO. I take no exception to those who wish to debate "the core". In my business the blue line is the more important data point in advising land/mineral owners. And I give that line, wherever it is located, a good 3 to 5 mile buffer. One or two, or eight or ten productive wells outside the blue line make no substantive difference at this stage of the Play.
Skip, the "blue line" on the Petrohawk's map is purely arbitrary and does not seem to be supported by data in some areas as evidenced by the Sabine Parish well located 15 miles outside of Petrohawk's "core". Mapping EUR's is an arbitrary process in itself as there is not sufficient production history data on most wells to make such an exacting determination.

I do understand Petrohawk's desire to show their acreage to be in a better position than their competitors'. I am just not ready to write-off large areas of the Haynesville Shale play based on Petrohawk's map before drilling and test results are available.
Here you go Ken:

Completed and Outside the Line: 239794 (~3 miles) 17MMcfd - 22/64 - 9942#
240237 (~1 mile) 28 MMcfd - 32/44 - 7130#

Permitted or Drilling Outside the Line: 240253 (~5 miles)
240295 (~2 miles)
240320 (~2 miles)
240321 (~2 miles)
240452 (~2 miles)

The CHK Petrohunt (241491) has spudded since I compiled this list and is much further outside the line. And since the list is several weeks old, there very well could be others. My point is there are very few data points to challenge the accuracy of the HK map at this time and many of those that are listed are not sufficiently outside the 4 bcf line (1 or 2 miles) to be of significance.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service