Proposed Mid-Bossier Wells Sec16 11 15 Desoto Parish

Just received notice regarding Brix Operating plans to drill multiple lateral wells in

Sec 16. I believe Indigo Minerals had leased most of the acreage in Sec 16 and 17

last year; some of it fallout leases from Chesapeake. Does anyone know if Brix and

Indigo are in partnership? We have minerals leased with Indigo in Sec 17, and hope

drilling prospects are good this year. I believe Brix was a recent start up and just

recently incorporated this year.

Shelby

Views: 1745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brix is associated with Vine O&G, not Indigo.  Brix has a live well permit in Section 9 to the immediate north of Sec. 16 although it is not a Cross Unit Lateral well.   Brix has, as yet, not drilled a Haynesville Shale well but they have 2 permits. 

The predominant development factor has now become the requirement to have operating rights on multiple north/south aligned drilling units.  It will take a lot of horse trading for companies to get their units lined up for long lateral, cross unit wells but that is the future of the Haynesville/Bossier play.

Thanks Skip,

Do you think Vine has partnered up with Indigo to secure operating rights? If I interpreted correctly look likes Brix had applied to permit 11 cross unit horizontal wells, per their application with department of Conservation. This seems pretty ambitious for the area, as the Haynesville well CHK drilled in Sec 17, was not a huge producer.

Shelby

I think we will see a good bit of this kind of farm out or unit swap or whatever Haynesville operating companies will choose to call it.  There are far too many existing, producing drilling units that are "stranded".  By that I mean that a company does not have more than one unit on a north/south line.  As laterals get longer, companies will want three sections (units) stacked north/south.  The longest allowed lateral in a single unit is ~4620' - too short.  Two units would allow for a ~9900' lateral - that may be enough for most companies.  Ideally, a three unit stack would allow for ~15,180' lateral.  Chesapeake is already drilling a couple of wells with planned 15,000' laterals.

Yes, eleven wells sound ambitious to laymen however I have been seeing large multi-well group applications for almost two years now.  And some are a good deal larger than eleven.

The new well designs have proven just how poor the recovery factor was for the early well designs.  Short lateral, under stimulated original wells can provide some idea of rock quality but you have to know what to look for.  Very few early wells have impressive cumulative production volumes.

Skip,

Good insight into the situation. Hopefully we will see an uptick in getting some

of these drilling units getting "un-stranded".

Shelby

FYI - the CHK: Nabors well in Section 24, T10N, R13W (Benson Field) is a recently drilled alternate well (10,000' lateral) that includes Sections 12 and 13 to the north - well has produced at the rate of 30,000/day for the first 2-1/2 months of production (Nov 15th - Jan 31st) - no noticeable pressure or volume decline to date - total of ~2.5 Bcf in roughly 75 days - nice well.   

Generally speaking, shallower pressure and volume declines come with longer laterals (more contact with the formation) and more intense fracture stimulation and proppant loading.  The recovery factor is much improved.  Rankin is correct, it is a nice well and there will be many others.  It will take these and other improvements in Haynesville/Bossier well economics to keep the play afloat over the next two to three years.  Operators are preparing for a prolonged period of depressed natural gas prices.

Do you know if the Calhoun well (2-12-13 H) is included in the recently drilled alternate well you mention above? 

Thanks for the information.

Short answer....no.  The Calhoun well is nowhere near the well in 10-13!

Thank you 

Skip, Section 33 in Bienville parish recently punched a 3 section lateral south to sections 4,9,16 and had a initial flow of 33,009mcf.  A pretty good well if managed correctly.

Yes, I saw it.  That QEP well, basically in the NE corner of the defined fairway, and the two recent Comstock completions in the far NW corner prove how the longer laterals and new high intensity completion designs are redefining the rock economics.  The economic area of the Haynesville Shale has grown four fold.  It will be interesting to see the coming Bossier completions in the southern third of the fairway with the new well designs.

Thanks for the reply Skip, what do you know about the hwy 157 multi unit wells drilled by Sidewinder.  That rig was on location for some time. They recently fraced the wells.  Any idea what they did there.  The QEP well in our section 33 in Bienville was near 24000 ft TD.  Will this be the future in the Haynesville.  The X15 Nabors rig punched that well in about 34 days.  A big difference in total time on site when the Haynesville started. I appreciate your response and knowledge of this area of the Haynesville   

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service