Here is the report off of Pryme's site.

ASX / Media Release 7 March 2013
Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 Flow Test Result
Turner Bayou Chalk Project
HIGHLIGHTS
1,040 Bbls of oil and 1,850 Mcf per day achieved
The well continues to clean up unloading drilling fluids
Production facilities construction underway
Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 (61.53% Working Interest / 46.15% NRI)
The flow back operation on the Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 well has been underway since
Monday night (Brisbane, Australia time) with the well achieving a maximum production rate of 1,040
barrels of oil and 1,850 Mcf per day on a 15/64 choke. Flow rates averaged 780 barrels of oil and
1,700 Mcf per day in the following twelve hours with less than a 15% water cut. The well is still
unloading drilling fluids and mud and continues to clean up. Once the clean-up process has been
completed and the well is turned to the sales line we will be able to establish a long term production
rate from the well.
The construction of production facilities will begin next week and it is planned to have first sales
turned through this facility by the end of this month. Oil produced and ready for sales has totalled
over 1,100 barrels gross (506 barrels net to Pryme) to date and natural gas is being flared before
being connected to the existing gas sales line later this month.
“The drilling of this well has been an anxious time for Pryme’s management team and shareholders
and I am sure the result speaks for itself,” said Justin Pettett, Pryme’s Managing Director. “We look
forward to the further development of the project in the coming months.

Looks GOOD. With the choke set at 15/64 they should not over produce the well. Looking GOOD so far.

Views: 2338

Replies to This Discussion

That looks awesome Joe,,thx for the report. Hope this is first of more to come.....Shawn

Thanks Joe letskeep our fingers crossed.

Does anyone know the boundaries of the Austin Chalk in Louisiana - any maps available? What is the depth of this well?

Steve,

The Austin Chalk out crops at Austin TX on the West and at Selma Alabama on the East. On the West its called the Austin Chalk and on the East the Selma Chalk. The productive interval of the Chalk is along the Edwards Reef which is the old continental shelf drop off. It varies in depth from above the shelf to below the shelf. I'm more familiar with the Chalk in the Northern portion of East Baton Rouge Parish which is right below the drop off. In this area below or South of the shelf we encounter the top of the formation at 14,540 ft and the base at 15,940 ft. That gives a formation thickness of 1,400 ft. in this area. If you go to the TMS site and look at the post of the Indigo map it shows clearly the TMS wells above the shelf and the Austin Chalk wells below.

Thanks Joe. I have property in the northern half of W. Fel. Parish midway between S.F. and the State line. We have been told in the past that the AC was not prospective in our area  - that we were a few miles too far north. I am hoping this is not true. As the crow flies it is not very far almost due west to this well at Turner Bayou.

Steve,

It all depends on whether there is faulting in the area. If there is then you should have a good chance of having AC production. Again, it just depends on the faulting. It seems that the closer you get to the Edwards shelf the more faulting you encounter but that does not mean that the Chalk is not faulted or productive in other areas.  

Interesting. I will have to do some AC research. Its been all about the TMS around here.  Thanks.

I guess my analogy is: the AC is treated like a stepchild. Most companies don't want to deal with a problem formation. The AC can be a problem all the way from drilling to completion and production.

You are in an excellent position in that you are on the updip TMS and you have possibilities for AC also if you are in a faulted area. You might want to consider separating the two formations in a lease at some point. 

I have land in northern Tangipahoa Parish, about 10 miles from the state line. Am I in the area of the Austin Chalk? Thanks for any information!

Hi Betty,

Yes the AC is in that area. However, I don't know the thickness of the formation or whether there would be faulting in the area to produce natural fractures. That area is out of the area that I have studied and am familiar with.

Joe, tell the to come our way where the real A/C is.

Does not look good production is down  to about 250 barrels a day I have been told. Trying to verify this.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service