We were contacted a couple of weeks ago by someone named "Andrew" about selling our mineral rights. I don't know what company he was representing, didn't ask. He offered $2000.00 an acre which we declined. Our neighbors were also contacted. Andrew said we should sell because there wasn't any activity in Sabine, only DeSoto. Our minerals are in 9N-12W-S21.

A new well pad has been constructed north of Zwolle, in the big woods. It is my understanding that 3 wells will be drilled on this pad. There has also been a huge frack pond constructed that holds 2+ billion barrels of water and it is very nearly full. Maybe things are ramping up here in Sabine, good news.

Views: 2510

Replies to This Discussion

Dixie, there are more than a few "Andrews" out there making offers to buy mineral rights.  Doing so is not illegal.  Still it should be done in a professional manner.  Making the statement that there is no activity in Sabine Parish is not only inaccurate, it is unprofessional.  There is indeed interest in Sabine Parish that those in the business of acquiring mineral rights know about.  And some, like Andrew, hope you do not know and would never tell you.  Here are my thoughts for Sabine Parish mineral owners.  I am seeing advance planning for future wells as far south as the northern half of the 8 North townships - 11-13 West.  For those who don't know location by section-township-range, it's time to learn.  Township 8 North - Ranges 13-11 West is generally the area just north of Zwolle, including Noble, from the lake east to the Belmont area stopping short of Natchitoches Parish. 

That information those making purchase offers know that you don't is, more often than not, publicly available information.  Not insider knowledge.  So, after you get a map showing section-township-range, you need to learn how to perform simple searches on the state Oil & Gas database, SONRIS.  You can learn the name of the established "field" where you own minerals and those that are nearby.  Once you know that you can check periodically to see if companies are filing applications with the state for future wells in your field(s).  The SONRIS database is the gold standard of state O&G databases and is quite user friendly.  If you are afraid of a computer and/or the Internet, you need to get over it or find someone to help you.  Maybe a neighbor or family member.  Your minerals may be an asset of considerable value.  If you have no way of knowing that, you are at a disadvantage when dealing with the Andrews.

Skip, I was contacted last week by someone offering $4,500 per acre to buy mineral interest, Converse field, sections 4&9-9-13. I see some activity around there by Indigo but not sure of the overall direction. Do you have any insight here.

The Converse Field generally, and 9N-13W specifically, is seeing an increase in development interest.  Nothing specific for sections 4&9 at this time but plenty of activity in the general vicinity.  Your offer sounds like a fishing expedition.

Thanks. I thought so too. Indigo seems to be the primary in this area and they bought Section 9 from CHK and BRP. Section 4 is still CHK and I don’t see them doing much around there. 

They are refracking well T8, S4, R13W in my section. It was still performing fairly well for the time running.We will see what happens! Been in production little over 6 years.

Thanks, ken.  Yes, it will be interesting to see the production post-stimulation.

Skip, by chance do you know if Halliburton is still financing the refracks and getting paid on increased production?

II'm not sure ken.  After reading about it in a few articles back when, I haven't run across any mention of it since.  If that is occurring, I don't know where that might be.  I just watched a video of a Haliburton exec interview and he touched on re-fracs but did not seem to give it any emphasis.  He seemed to indicate it was usefully only in limited circumstances.  He may have been referring only to the Permian Basin but that was unclear.

Anyone have any information on proposed gathering line constuction routes in northern sabine parish? 

Recently contacting about leasing our land in Pendleton Bridge area?  Anyone else had offers?  If so, $/ac, term and royalty offered?

red, only the members posting in this discussion or "following" will see your request.  If you start a new discussion every member of the Sabine Parish Group will get an email notice of a new discussion.  There haven't been any recent leasing programs in that vicinity of which I am aware.  To the north and to the south but not the middle of the lake.  That's interesting, I hope you get some feedback.

Recently received offer for my royalty interest in Section 35, Township 9 North, Range 12 West.   Anybody else got an offer?   Any activity there anticipating increased production?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service