So I know they are fracking the 3 new wells in this section. What’s next? Would love to know what to look for. 

Views: 2068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are three long lateral wells.  Frack operations began on the 19th. and should be finished in the next few days.  Once completed, the operator will "turn the well to sales".  At some point in the first several weeks, the operator will run the SDMG2 test to submit the Initial Production (IP) data to the state.  That data will be entered in the state database, SONRIS.  Caution:  It has become common for the results of that 24 hour test to accurately represent the production of the well.  With long lateral, multi frac stage wells, it can take days or weeks for a well to "clean up, meaning return the majority of the sand and frac water that will not remain in the formation.  For example, a well might be flow tested on day two but not "clean up" for another week or ten days when it would reach its maximum flow.  The better measure of a well's IP is the first months of reported production keeping in mind that a well completed early in the month would likely have a higher reported volume than one completed later in the month.  Also keep in mind that these wells are "alternate unit" wells and the reported volume will be the same for all three because the state allows the operator to report unit production as opposed to individual well production.  I can take some months after the wells are reported complete before they show up on your royalty statement.  The time can vary from a couple of months up to six.  Hope they are good ones.  Good luck.

it seems to be taking longer to frac these 3 weels than I expected.  More than 2 weeks in, and according to their reports posted on Sonris, they have only completed fracking 18 of 60 zones for each well.  And those reports were on Oct. 26, and they started fracking on the 14th.  Maybe the report was not effective for Oct. 26, but just submitted on the 26th.

Operators report when they feel like it.  There is no requirement for timely reporting of which I am aware.  Many wells are fracked, turned to sales and in production for three months, or more, before being reported complete.  Such is life.

It’s hard for me to understand how 3 wells can run through same sections and still produce but I sure hope they do! 

The shale only produces from the portions that are fractured.  The state mandates minimum spacing of 660' between well laterals, so eight wells per section/unit was the norm in the first decade of the play.  Then about five years ago came Propageddon, see the link below.  All operators then changed their completion designs to pump more sand.  Those in the bizness call this high intensity fracs.  It cracks a lot more rock and enables operators to drain a typical section with six wells instead of eight.  This, along with extended reach (long) laterals, produces more gas at a lesser cost.  Of course where the Mid-Bossier is economic, there are twelve well slots per unit instead of six.

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2016/10/21/chesapeake-declares-propag... 

Your knowledge is impressive!  Hopefully, these will produce more too!  I can see where they use more sand for sure.  Those sand trucks have been moving a LOT going to that particular location. But, come to think of it, maybe they are finished fracking. I have not seen them in a day or 2.  Finger crossed!

Fracking is a continuous operation so if no activity in 2 days, the well is completed.  A small work over rig will arrive in the near future to drill out the frac plugs and turn the well to sales.  The wells will be reported complete a couple to maybe three months later and then will begin to report regular monthly production to the state which can be viewed on SONRIS.  Reported monthly production volumes are cumulative for all wells producing from a unit and monthly reports are always 60 or so days behind the current date.  So  November production would appear in the database late in January for example.  Good luck.

Skip:

Additionally, depending upon the operator, in sections where both intervals (HA and BO) are drilled and fracked, the well laterals can either be stacked (one above the other) or "wine racked" (staggered horizontally as well as vertically) to provide for less opportunity of communication between the frac jobs and potentially the zones:  The below is an example from the Permian:

I've seen both in Haynesville/Bossier spacing applications.  Good descriptor, "wine rack".

Thanks, Skip!  I appreciate the information.

You're welcome, SL.

Correction:  Caution: It has become common for the results of that 24 hour test to not accurately represent the production of the well. 

Got it!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service