Mineral owners are receiving pre-conference notice letters for SM Energy unit applications in Section 13 of 23N - 13W and Section 18 of 23N - 12W.  The unitized horizon is the Pettit Reservoir A and it appears that SME will be drilling horizontal wells targeting liquids rich gas, condensate and oil.  The leases for this prospect were taken for SME by JB Land.Services, LLC and Merit Energy Services, LLC.  The area generally covered by this lease block is the eastern two thirds of 23N - 14W to the western one third of 23N - 11W and appear at this time to include the northern half of 22N -13W through 22N - 11W.

Views: 6753

Replies to This Discussion

Randy, suggest you ask jffree1.

Skip, went Thursday and no activity. Maybe weather?

I think the rig is on site a little early.  They may not be scheduled to spud for a few more days.  I think that may be the case as my Weekly Rig Report which comes out on Fridays did not include the well.  The only other time that a rig has been drilling and not reported was an instance where the operator was also the drilling company.  I don't think that's the case here.

Ok. I know they were were supposed to have the pre-spud meeting last Wednesday am. Calling it Murray 18-1H. Using Patterson 543. Gonna swing by on the way home today.

Big Dave,

I'm pretty sure they moved Patterson 543 from Mott Road to Leila Road.  On the map I have that looks like S1T23R13.  There is a new rig there, about 1/2 mile from Hwy 3.  Went by Mott Road and the rig is gone.  Don't know if it was a successful hole.  Also I thought , from earlier posts, SM was to move further west for their second well

Sonris report. Anything showing up? Can't figure out where to look.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Weekly rig report as of Friday, Jan. 25 - drilling ahead @ 2117'.

Skip,

See my reply to Big Dave above.

Don

Friday's Rig Report (2/1/13) lists the Patterson UTI #543 as 13 days drilling ahead at 6350' on the Murray 18H #1 located in S18 - 23N - 12W.

Skip, we just signed off for seismic on S19-23N-12W. We were told they will test at the same time Murray 18H#1 is fracked. Your thinking?

BD, the industry often employs micro-seismic in the fracture stimulation process in order to monitor how the fractures radiate out into the surrounding formation.  A good practice especially for early wells where an operator wishes to generate the max science.  This is usually accomplished by geophones in a nearby vertical wellbore.  With the possible exception of depth limtations I don't see any reason why the process couldn't be conducted from one or more seismic shot holes.

Skip, I was told yesterday SM has set pipe and cemented. Fracking soon and should know more in 60 days. They are going drill another but don't know location. On a side note, Whiting has started leasing section north our Mott Road property. Believe this is T23N  R12W S25. They told landowners Brown Dense. Thoughts?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service