SNAPSHOT OF THE PLAY: HA UNIT ORDERS/APPLICATIONS BY TOWNSHIP - 07/18/09

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a lease (0ne year old) for a few acres in R9W, TS12N, Sect 19. I don't totally understand the grid map you posted..what are HA Orders/Applications? Does that mean a company has requested a permit to drill? When do you think they might drill in our section? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to all these question...
willie. The numbers in each square (township) represent the number of conservation (compulsory) drilling & productions units that are in force or for which the state has received an application. A conservation unit allows an operator to "pool" all the mineral interests within its boundaries in order to facilitate development (drilling). If approved (and most are) the applicant is given the authority to "operate" that unit. Some companies apply for units with the intention to be the operator and some do not (they will however have the ability to designate the operator). Most conservation units in the NW. LA. are based on section lines (a unit = +/- 640 acres). Holding a unit order allows an operator to drill the maximum number of wells allowed in the unit. Currently 8 as the state has assigned the Haynesville zone 80 acre spacing. A well permit can come before or after a unit application but is more common after.

There is no unit for your section. What company are you leased to?I hope this helps. Skip
We signed a lease with Pride Oil...I believe they are leasing for Encana...
I think you are right. It's an Encana area. Good Luck.
Wilie, yes Pride Oil was a leasing agent for EnCana and signed up quite a few people in your area.
Have I acre Sec 8 T 10 r 10N have never been contacted from anyone concerning a lease.
Rhedle, the following two units are close by and both EnCana & Anadarko have leased acreage in northern Natchitoches Parish:

S3-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUJ Unit, Samson, Grogan Field, Natchitoches Parish
S10-T10N-R10W, HA RA SUK Unit, Samson, Grogan Field, Natchitoches Parish

Also, the Messenger well drilled last year is 6 miles due east of you:

EnCana, Janet Messenger 8 #1 Well, Serial #237289, S8-T10N-R9W
Les B:

Was XTO in that area as well, or did talk of such end up being bogus?
Skip
We also leased 1-yr ago 220 acres in 20-18N-11W with Chesapeake. I believe there have been some units formed around us by different companies. I also noticed that a few Sections were only partly unitized. Any ideas on why they split the unit? Any update on Sec. 20 would be greatly appreciated also.
Skip, can you tell if a unit application has been filed in Section 5 of 13/9, and if so, by whom? Thanks in advance.
SB, see the following:

S5-T13N-R9W, HA RA SUQ Unit, Encana, Bracky Branch Field, Red River Parish
SB. Section 5 of 13N - 9W is covered by a unit order to Encana. This unit order was included (along with S4 & 6) among the dockets heard on March 17, 2009.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service