I happen to live near about 10 large pipeyards east of houston. Just a few short years ago they were mostly abandoned and had been so long enough to grow trees. Then in the last 5 years they began to come back into operation. Well just in the past couple of months they have really boomed. I passed by today and there were trucks lined up 10 deep waiting to haul. And the pipe is stacked up so high and wide that it looks like cord wood. Thousands and thousands of pipe. Much of it is drill stem I believe. What does this mean? I know it is an indicator of some sorts but is it good or bad? These yards have never looked like this in at least 20 years!!! is it stacking up because of lack of drilling or are they gearing up to drill?

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One thing that really sticks out in my mind is the fact that O&G's need O&G to do what they do.They dont do anything to grow the stuff so they have to steal, lease minerals from owners. That sounds kinda simple and I guess that was the angle I was shooting for.

My questions to all the nay sayers out there is this...... Do they have all of the minerals leased in this play or do they have all that they will ever want ? Maybe they are going to stop producing O&G and start raising cattle on all this land they have leased. We could be HBG instead of HBP. Held By Grazeing.

For anyone who truely believes that the acreage on this play that is still unleased has no value, or at least not the value that it had 3 months ago, this comment isnt for you. For everyone else that knows the value is still there and tries to continue to devalue this property, I am afraid that you are beginning to lose any credibility that you may or may not have had.I understand how this works but it is getting a little ridiculous dont you think.The unleased mineral owners that have been following this site arent fooled by these ploys. There will still be victims that you will reach out of ignorance and fear. But it is going to be very difficult finding those victims this time around.
"Maybe they are going to stop producing O&G and start raising cattle on all this land they have leased. We could be HBG instead of HBP. Held By Grazeing."

Mr. Stewart - I think you're on to their next move. They need that Doyline acreage for cattle ... they'll get into producing methane gas, the stuff that cows are famous for. LOL I'm just being sarcastic toward O&G's who say there isn't any HS out there in the fringe and the money isn't coming your way.

Now, just think what kind of lease bonus & royalty you'd want per head. Start investing in cows, Mr. Stewart!
Well, there is just one problem with that S.P.,
I am up to my eyeballs in Pig Lipstick and dont have any cashflow for cattle investment...................Wonder if I can get Bailout status before they stop the printing presses ?
Dont worry snake I hear its not a bull market anyway its a bear market. But theres still a lot of bull out there.
Hey Gone Fishing, I dont know how much more I can bear/bare ! (Whichever one it is KB) LOL
Two words - surface lease. Let them buy the cattle, you provide pasture, the lessee collects the gas.
Can you collect your royalty in steak?
Sesport, in California a lot of "biogas" projects are being developed since it is a renewable fuel and also generates greenhouse gas credits. I visited a biogas digestor near Stephenville, TX last year that is delivering gas into the grid.
Les - although I'm joking around with Mr. Stewart, I'm becoming aware that biogas is being researched and find that incredible. I wasn't aware of the operation in TX, which makes even more sense given the number head of livestock over there. Thanks for that tidbit.
Los Angeles uses digestors at its wastewater plant. they produce enough gas to almost power their plant, while reducing the load of organics. This is important to the since they discharge via underwater pipes just offshore of some of their best beaches.
Baron, Don't they do something like that in Chicago & discharge into whatever Great Lake that is?
I think they are building somthing like that , I know they just built or are still building an underground resevoir to handle excess wastewater. Chicago has a combined sewer system, the storm drains and sewage pipes drain to the same system. In the past whenver it rained the system could not handle the capacity and raw wastwater was discharged.

They discharge into the Chicago river as they obatain drinking water from Lake Michigan.

One last fun fact.....The chicago river flowed into the lake, until the corp of engineers reversed the flow of the river. Now it flow into the missisippi river!
This was done to prevent contamination of the cities water supply, esp, before modern treatment technologies.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service