Sorry I posted some questions put didn't put it in a new discussion. Contact by R.A.M. Energy to lease minerals in Walker County. Who are they fronting for? What is the going lease rate, royalty etc? Depth formation? Oil or gas? Who are the players in Walker County? Thanks.

Views: 6669

Replies to This Discussion

Fiddler, it's the end of the year, too.  It's going to be pretty quiet the next two or three weeks. Once the holidays are over and the program for the next year is set you may see some new leasing activity.

Thanks for the information jffree1 and dry hole...

It is interesting watching the wave of activity and visiting with folks like y'all that have been in the "oil bidness" and know the ropes. 

I'm still laughin' about the "160 year ago" comment, dry hole.....I have often wondered this myself.  Until FM 3478 came into being, we were always bumped to the hind tit on services from Walker County .... heck, even TxDot wasn't sure if we were in their district or not.  But, the services from both have gotten better .... and FM 230 is holding up with all the oil transport/service trucks cruising back and forth from Houston County. 

Reckon I'll just keep sittin' on my front porch,  play my fiddle and watch the cows get fatter...not bad entertainment here in East Texas...not bad at all...!!!      

Here's a little history for you, Dry Hole....although, I reckon you have already seen this little marker at the intersection of FM 230 and FM 3478.  Been hearing of some faint rumors about "Independent Landmen" starting to sniff around in the Kittrell area and make lease offers.  Maybe things will start to get interesting in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2013 concerning the oil bidness.  Meanwhile, we'll just sit on the front porch and watch the cows get fat as Spring slides in....  

THX

Oh...one more tidbit of information.  Dry Hole, I believe you mentioned in a previous posting about some, for lack of a better word, "prehistoric" production in the Kittrell area.  After a little visiting with friends and neighbors, I pieced that old play together...and strangely enough, it is still producing.  If you ride out west of Trinity on FM 230 and turn North onto Chalk Cemetery Road...then ride a ways until you reach the intersection of CR3575 you will be in the vicinity of the old "Kittrell Oil Field".  It seems that this little oil patch was wildcatted back in 1934 by the Samson/Boone families...which then resulted in the interests of Sun Oil and Exxon (Humble Oil) companies.  I'm not sure how many wells are still there...and reportedly, they are shallow...all being under 5k in depth...But, they are still producing to this day.  If you ever take a tour of that area, make sure the weather is dry...or at least have a heck of a good 4X4 vehicle if it is any bit wet....some of those road areas get pretty bad at times.        

Sure has been quiet on the Walker County activity....anyone have any new information? 

No new permits, no new completion reports.. Polk, Madison, Houston, and Brazos counties all have activity. I expect Abby Road to frac in the next few weeks.  Drilling is limited to the Apollo Gibbs Brothers #1H, and the Toby #1h

Sure has been quiet starting out the 3rd quarter of this year in Walker County...any news out there regarding new drilling, leasing or other activity?

Hey Fiddler, EOG filled a permit to drill the Josey Wales on FM 3478 near the river bridge. Looks to be between the bridge and Estelle Unit. So they are knocking on your door it looks like.

Thanks, Lucky347...

That is news in a positive mode for a Monday morning...!!!  I did notice an excavator and a backhoe sitting out in a pasture yesterday on the North side of 3478, but I'm not sure if this is the location between the bridge and Estelle Unit that you mentioned.  Granted, they are getting closer to my neck of the woods and this location is an excellent indicator for activity.  As my fellow Aggies used to say regarding our football: "Wait 'til next year" ... well, next year is here.  Hopefully, this new play will open up the avenue to the wide open spaces of Kittrell and we can see some more excitement besides cattle, feral hogs and deer.  Thanks again, Lucky, for the news about the permitting....please keep us posted should you hear anymore great news!  

If I was reading write it would be on the left side of the road say if you were coming from Huntsville to Fm 230. Almost before you get to the curve where the bridge starts. I'm sure that's what that equipment is sitting out there.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service