Sorry I posted some questions put didn't put it in a new discussion. Contact by R.A.M. Energy to lease minerals in Walker County. Who are they fronting for? What is the going lease rate, royalty etc? Depth formation? Oil or gas? Who are the players in Walker County? Thanks.

Views: 6668

Replies to This Discussion

Yes workover rigs comes and goes a few times before well actually goes online. Not sure of all what they exactly do but you should start seeing less and less equipment as they get ready to bring the well online.

Howdy, Lucky 347 and thanks for the reply!  Rumor has it that the well is now producing.  I haven't seen a pumper jack on site, but I've been told that it is flowing to the storage tanks without the need for one.  Just curious when the production notes will be posted? 

ZaZa Energy Announces East Texas JV Well Completion

HOUSTON, Aug 07, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- ZaZa Energy Corporation (“ZaZa” or the “Company”) ZAZA +1.25% today announced the completion of its East Texas JV McAdams Cattle Company 1H horizontal well (“McAdams 1H”) in Walker County, Texas. The well has achieved 24-hour peak production of approximately 1,786 boe/d (with NGLs) and 1,249 boe/d (without NGLs), which includes 459 b/d of 49 API oil, 4,740 mcf/d of natural gas, and 569 NGL b/d.

Over the first two weeks of continuous flow back, average production was approximately 1,087 boe/d (with NGLs) and 768 boe/d (without NGLs), consisting of about 300 b/d oil, 2,812 mcf/d of natural gas, and 337 NGL b/d. Natural gas production has been flowing to sales via pipeline since July 16, 2014. NGL amounts are estimated based on 1,260 mmbtu gas analysis, and the preceding results reflect a current gas processing recovery ceiling of 120 barrels per mmcf/d. The well’s production is from perforations along the lateral at 11,415-16,250 feet. Over this period, water production has averaged approximately 2,269 barrels per day.

President and CEO Todd A. Brooks stated, “While the McAdams 1H continues to cleanup with only 13% of fracturing load water recovered over the first two weeks, the well has flowed strongly on a 38/64ths choke. After two weeks it was flowing with strong reservoir and bottom hole pressure – about 1,350 psi flowing tubing pressure and 3,350 psi casing pressure. This well was completed in the highly fractured Buda carbonate reservoir system, which has decades of historical production from conventional vertical hole completions and open-hole horizontal wells. Due to the nature of this reservoir, ZaZa also expects to see substantial load water recovery of 80% or higher. While the McAdams 1H’s initial performance highlights the benefits of advanced drilling and multi-stage completion technologies, these results are very preliminary, and ZaZa remains cautious about making any early EUR projections based on the initial data. We look forward to providing further updates as material developments occur in our JV.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/zaza-energy-announces-east-texas-j...

EOG is the operator and they haven't yet turned in the completion reports. The first production figures (July) will show up in September.

That may be "Robert A. Mosbacher (Jr.)" in Houston (long time oil folk - sits on boards, too - like Devon), OR it could be "Halcon Resources Corp (NYSE - RAM) - 

NorAm #30 is drilling the Colburn #3H for EOG in S. Mixon, A-350. Still waiting on Josey Wales #1HR to complete.

EOG is operator now on Bluestone and CH4 Energy directional & vertical wells.

First production (August) on Josey Wales #1HR is attached.

Attachments:

Howdy, jffree1...and thanks for the information of the Josey Wales #1HR...

I looked at the attachment, but since I'm not really versed in the lingo of the "oil bidness", can you explain the charts in layman's terms?  Is this well producing oil, gas, etc. and just how much....a lot, medium, or just a little?  Thanks in advance for the tutorial, Bud!  

It produced 15,080 mcf of gas and 56 barrels of condensate. The gas was all flared because there was no pipeline. The condensate is still "on hand" so it's probably in a tank on the pad. It's not great but I wouldn't expect it to be if there is no pipeline in place. It should improve some (hopefully) once they tie in a gathering line.

The Josey Wales Flare...burnin' "Bright as a Readin' Light" .... sure looks good from the front porch at the Kittrell Ranch! 

Howdy All...

I rode by the Josey Wales H-1 today and caught this action on my iPhone camera.  Looks like there were several trucks with coiled tubing waiting their turn in the process of adding pipe to the well.  So, in effort to further my "Oil Bidness" education...exactly, what is happening at the well as y'all see in the photo?  Thanks in advance for your informative replies!

Well, Lucky 347... It seems that the blind hog found an acorn. "Lo and behold", the Landmen/Lease inquirers have made their way across the Train-Tee River and started the process of trying to acquire leases in the Kittrell area.  So, has anyone heard of the current going rates on these?  Just curious...I wouldn't want to ease into this process without some good intelligence!!!  Thanks in advance for any input y'all might have... 

That sounds good! Wish I could help you out more with the rates but I have no clue about that. Those boys must like what they see over there on the Josey and that other well. Good luck to you sir. Maybe look around on this site for some answers. The Internet always has the "right" answer these days!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service