What lease bonus $$$ is acceptable for 2009... the following is how I see it.

Lease Bonuses::

2007.........$100 - $300 / acre leases..................way too low

2008.........$20,000 & up / acre leases...............evidently too high

2009.........$2500 - $10,000 / acre leases ........seems about right

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about 40 and 100 acers?
On page 14 of last weeks copy of Financial Times, April 24, 2009 there is an article talking about Aubrey McClendon losing all his shares of Chesapeake because of a margin call he couldn't meet. His board of Directors voted to pay him a bonus of $110,000,000.00 as a reward for him selling huge chunks of Chesapeake Leases to BP and other companies. This apparently violated a few laws in the UK, he is being sued. The SEC and the IRS are also interested in these activities as violations of law protecting Chesapeake Share Holders. Boards of Directors are supposed to be independent protectors of shareholders interest. This doesn't appear to be the case with Chesapeake. They may end up being bankrupt. Sounds like Mr. McClendon is not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to manipulating stock. This may cut down on competition for leases in the near future.
Sorry the days of $20,000/ acre bonuses are GONE.
The city meetings about bonuses really hurt some. They were told not to take your 1st offer and now there is hardly any leases taken at all.
Biggest players-
Petrohawk- No leases, no bonuses
Chesapeake- Few lease, biggest bonus paid mow is $1000-$1500
Prices may have change but not much.
Babs,

Sorry, but we don't expect a landman (woman) to say anything different.

I'm sure that there is much valuable information that you are capable of sharing, but the amount of acceptable lease bonus isn't something that I'm going to pay much attention to when it's coming out of the mouth of a landman.
Why don't you enlighten us to real lease activity Jay.
I hear blah, blah, blah, blah Babs!
I get a chuckle out of saying her name. I took the stripper name challenge and that was the name that I was assigned!
KB. Now don't write Bads off so quickly. We all come here to learn. If she hangs around and pays attention long enough, she may go back to her bosses and say "fogettaboutit, the members of GHS are too informed to pull the wool over their eyes. If we expect to do business with any of them, we better find another approach". Reality takes awhile to set in. That may sound a little unrealistic but I do not think Babs and the rest of the industry are dummies. I just think they are in denial that the world has changed in regard to their dealings with mineral owners in the HS. And that old ploys no longer work to the extent that they have in the past. Cue Jack Blake. And thank Keith.
Skip,

" . . . And the old PLOYS no longer work to the extent that they have in the past . . . "

Don't you mean LIES instead of "ploys"?
we leased 81 acres to petrohawk a few weeks ago with 5000 per acre lease bonus
Thanks, rw. I hope you get some good wells.
kb ? i have 20acres down there in 20/16n 15w all ready 1 well there rec papers on a second to be placed there soon and should produce better will i rec good money from this?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service