Group,

BP America is developing a 2,500 acre tract owned many years ago by the Angelina County Lumber Company. This company is now defunct although the minerals were retained and are currently owned  by the many heirs of Joseph H. Kurth, Sr., Simon W. Henderson, Sr., and Sam Wiener (the original founders). Originally EOG Resources planned to develop this tract and they joint ventured with working interest partner Black Stone Minerals (and others) to develop this prospect. EOG drilled the Sarge Unit to test the prospect and the Sarge production volume has been one the best producers in the Haynesville Play. A large area 3D seismic effort was subsequently completed during the 2012-2013 period. Late last year and due to EOG’s current business strategy of focusing on west Texas oil production, EOG sold their interests to Black Stone Minerals. Black Stone has now partnered with BP America to develop this tract.

I applaud these two businesses for developing this area and increasing the value of adjacent mineral tracts like mine. However, I have recently seen relatively unsophisticated mineral owners, with smaller tracts that are needed to fully develop these 960 acre units, accept subpar leasing terms. I would advise anyone reading or researching the Go Haynesville Shale Forum to educate themselves on current mineral lease market values in the north Angelina,  west San Augustine and East Nacogdoches Counties.

Thanks and good luck.

Mike

Views: 2236

Replies to This Discussion

I've attached a good article on BP and their shale well development. I suspect BP will transition their gas well drilling capital to the "oily" Permian and Eagle Ford areas to better balance their oil / gas production (being most "gassy" production now).

Article Link:

BP Angelina County Well Development

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service