EOG filed a LA Austin Chalk drilling permit in East Feliciana on the LA/MS state line in Little Comite Creek field.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Views: 770

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting, Les.

The H indicates it will be a horizontal.  Permit says 18400 feet, so I think the lateral will be quite long.  A lot of fracking will be done.

5500' lateral.  Pretty standard.

jay

Measured Depth minus True Vertical Depth = approximate lateral length.

I would like to know the physical address for this operation. Thanks

2 miles SE of Norwood, LA.  Listen for the banjo music.

jay

Thanks so much.....I

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
06/03/2019 05 12885 DROVE 16" TO 115' W/ 86' PENETRATION; SPUD 5/28/19; DRLD; RAN 9 5/8" CSG TO 3090' W/ 1079 SXS CMT; NU & TSTD BOP'S 5/30/19 (ANNULAR: T-90, 13 5/8", CAMERON, 5000; RAMS: TYPE U, 5", CAMERON, 10000); TSTD CSG; DRLD CMT & FLOAT EQUIPMENT & PERFORMED FIT; DRLD VERTICAL HOLE F/ 3090' TO 12885';

Thanks for posting this. In looking at the dates, it appears that EOG got this well drilled to 12,885' from surface casing point (3090') in about 4 days.

9795' of drilling over that period - doable but ultra fast.

This is the benefit of not having to stop in this area to set intermediate casing. And obviously no lost circulation issues or drilling problems.

Underscores the differences in the subsurface section and issues across a play area.

I tend to believe that is a typo or they had already used a spudder rig to drill the shallow section of the hole.  

Jay

RSS

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service