Southwind AC Units formed in Maters Creek Field, Evangeline and Rapides parishes

Views: 2664

Replies to This Discussion

Permitted another SWD (BENTLEY-GLENMORA 25 SWD) Serial #975679. Not really sure why they are permitting another SWD in Section 25, when here is as an active SWD in Section 31, I guess this means they will need an SWD for every Well the drill. Link to permit below.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Wow good news.  Thanks Bob for sharing.  Looks like they are filling in where they did not have units around Cocodrie Lake east of Forest Hill.

Well is that good or bad news?  Are they anticipating alot of SW waste or coming from wells or does it take alot for new fracking techniques?  Confusing since 5 more units applied for. 

It's not the frac water.  It's the produced water that is the concern here.  If operators can not limit produced water by wisely choosing the best lateral landing zone then they will need to have SWD wells to help manage the cost of disposal.  It is a major post-completion cost.

Cost of disposal varies but I think this is a reasonable cost average estimate and shows the savings that an operator gets from disposing of its own produced water as opposed to paying a disposal company.  From what we have seen to date regarding produced water volumes, managing disposal costs will be a key to profitable wells.

For a saltwater disposal well that is operated by an Oil and Gas Company for disposal of the brine produced during normal operations, the average cost of disposal is often less than $0.25 per barrel of fluid disposed. A commercial SWD well will typically charge between $0.50 and $2.50 per barrel of fluid.

You HAVE to have a SWD.  Trucking the water would destroy the economics.  Here is a sample of a well from Masters Creek.  Cumulative Production of Oil 1.1 MMBO.  Cumulative Production of Gas 4 BCF.  Cumulative Production of Water 8.2 MMBW.  Do the math. 

When we studied the area, we built in a SWD for every producing well into our model.  The amount of water AC wells make is huge.  

Thanks Jay!  That is good to know that it's part of normal AC well production.

Wow Bob!   Was just looking at the Sonris Map on these two SWD & they are very close to one another.   Only one section away.

Yes I guess that was my point, if they are permitting this Section I would venture to guess the Oil and Gas Well permit will follow in this section shortly after this SWD is drilled. They want the SWD wells to be ready for flowback. An operator owned SWD takes about 6 months to get a permit, so if they plan to develop this acreage look out for SWD permits first. 

Where can I find this map?

Can you be more specific, Darrell?  The map of the drilling units? Or, the map of the SWD well location? 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service