Just noticed that on 5/24/2011 STM Oil & Gas submitted
for 7 vertical drilling permits at a location that is 4.2 miles north of
Jefferson and adjacent to Hwy 59 on the west side. Is this a new area of interest
for oil/gas and does anyone have any other information for other mineral/land
owners in this play?

Views: 2287

Replies to This Discussion

Why would you want to lease to them if they aren't going to develop them?
Good question.  I didn't.  I leased to Bachtell.
Good choice.
These drilling sites are +- 1/2 mile E.N.E. of a previously permitted wildcat Keahey Gas Unit. The Keahey was permitted 08/23/2010 however I see no information as for as completion.
I am currently in the process of leasing to the producer associated with the Keahey unit, Bachtell Oil and Gas.  It is my understanding from them that the unit was drilled, but has yet (as of at least a month ago) to be connected to a pipeline.

Dave,

So this well is gas and not oil producing?

That is my understanding.
These sites are also about 2 miles N of a Pegasi well that came in at 3.409 MMFt/D about 3 months ago.  The Pegasi well was also on the west side of Hwy 59.  See post from Skip Peel in Marion forum last Feb.

General comment, re Bachtell

If they are looking to develop the area, I'd say there is a good chance "something" is there.  They are very hands on, and since it is their money on the line, reasonably risk averse.  My guess is that if it is gas they are looking for, it is wet gas.  

Excerpt from jffree1"s "East Texas Drilling Report 7-10-11".

Marion County

Pegasi Operating completed the Norbord Well No. 11 to 7,005 feet 1.2 miles northwest of Jefferson in the Rodessa Field. On a 14/64-inch choke the well potentialed 3.409 million cubic feet of gas. Production is in the Norbord-Travis Peak.

The Keahey Gas Unit Well No. 1 was completed to 11,000 feet 4.6 miles northwest of Jefferson in the Rodessa Field by Bachtell Oil & Gas. The well potentialed 631,000 cubic feet of gas on a .75-inch choke. Production is in the Cotton Valley Consolidated.

The rig "Energy Drilling #2" is on the G-1 #1

mea culpa

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service