1st TMS HZ in West Feliciana

Views: 10166

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone know what a good centrally located water source near the Murphy 63 H would be worth to the drilling and fracking operation? 

A company will usually pay between 25-50 cents per barrel of water...depending on how much bargaining power you have, which is determined by accessibility to water in the area. 

I know a landowner who was offered 30 cents a barrel in another WF unit.

Thanks for the replies Oilman28 and optimistic.  Just trying to get a ballpark figure.  Bulldog's last report on Murphy 63 H was 1950 feet if I'm reading it correctly.  Any updates?  I haven't figured out the SONRIS report yet.  I assume a code 05 means drilling ahead?!?!

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
04/09/2012 05 5479 DRLD; RAN 13 3/8" CSG TO 3403' W/ 3790 SXS; NU & TSTD BOP'S 4/6/12; TSTD CSG; DRLG; (BOP INFO: ANNULAR, SCHAFFER, 1, 13 5/8", 5000; RAMS, CAMERON, 3, 10000);
04/02/2012 05 1950 DROVE 20" TO 230' W/ 200' PENETRATION; SPUD 4/1/12; DRLG;

SCOUT INFO

04/16/2012 05 12727 DRLD; TSTD BOP'S 4/15/12; FSHG @ 12727';

What does FSHG mean?  I attempted to look it up in the glossary of Sonris Lite and found Fishing, which apparently has to do with stuck pipe!

SCOUT INFO

04/23/2012 05 12211 CONT'D FSHG W/ NO SUCCESS; TAG FISH @ 12668'; PLUGBACK F/ 12668' TO 11968' W/ 500 SXS; DRESS OFF CMT PLUG F/ 11968' TO 12202'; TIME DRLD F/ 12202' TO 12211'; TSTD BOP'S 4/20/12;

I know not what they are using for bait, but they have been fishing in the same "hole" for a good while -)!  BOP is a blowout preventer, according to the Sonris Glossary.  So, what is going on on here?

They made an attempt to recover fish without any success. They have successfully sidetracked and are drilling ahead now.

Apparently an equipment failure slowed drilling, but as of today there is a report on Sonris that drilling continues to 12166' . . . is it known publicly at what depth they will go horizontal?  Since this is the only well permitted in West Feliciana Parish this calendar year, I watch it closely though with a time and time again demonstrated lack of expertise.

The latest report on Sonris Lite would suggest that the drilling of this well is nearly complete.  As of 6.25.12 the Sonris Lite report showed the well at 18,233' with a permitted depth of 19,200'.  I heard on the street that water for fracking will be piped from a nearby source rather than transported by truck.  Thus, I hope the preparations for fracking are underway and we might soon know how this first TMS well in West Feliciana will fare. 

I do not recall how many stages there will be in the fracking of this well and have no idea of the time to completion and an initial report on results.

RSS

Groups

Not a member? Get our email.

Latest Activity

Richard David Otley left a comment for Vanessa Herbert
8 hours ago
Richard David Otley and Vanessa Herbert are now friends
8 hours ago
john henry posted a discussion
14 hours ago
Anthony Thomas left a comment for Vanessa Herbert
21 hours ago