O.K. Newbie here so cut me some slack if I screw this up. I just noticed there's no discussion group for my parish and communication among our residents is sketchy and patchy at best because we are VERY new to the oil play, so we don't have any collective wisdom here. Any comments, insights, or even heresay welcome here. What I have to contribute is just information on lease rates and the areas they are concentrating in right now. (Averaging $150 for first three, varying for next two. From 1/6 to 1/5 royalties.) Devon is about a month into drilling it's first Tangipahoa well just a little north of me in Fluker, Louisiana. I have friends who are part of the unit but they are not hearing much of anything. Security at the site is TIGHT with our local sheriff's office maintaining 24 hour presence a couple of hundred yards from the rig itself. They ask you your business and write it all down. I think it's called a "tight hole" or something like that. They are also going to be buying all the pond water nearby. I don't know how much they are paying but will ask around.I have heard that our state is limiting the drilling of wells for water but I'm not sure of that. It was just hearsay from a friend. Well that's it for now.This is a great site. I've learned tons here. Amelia Resources has been a great help as well. Keep up the good work people.

Views: 80546

Replies to This Discussion

Hey TangiHopeful, you can call any Halliburton number and request a safety dept number.  I am quite certain they would appreciate info about the actions of their vehicles on the public roads.  In spite of the way it appears, I can assure you that most companies, especially the bigger ones with a lot of exposure, will not tolerate unsafe driving.  Always get a plate or unit number, exact location and time.

I must say, however, that the way Halliburton specs their trucks, I don't think they could make 80 mph going downhill with a good tail wind, but you never know.  Most of the fracing companies spec small engines and low gears that just wont do 80 mph.  Yet they do sometime hire contract companies to move their equipment, which could be the case here.

A reliable source told me today that Devon is very close to putting pipe to ground on a parcel of at least 3000 acres north of Hwy 38 in Kentwood and west of the interstate extending over to the St. Helena parish line. The source was less sure that the rig in Fluker would be transported up to this site, so that part could be unreliable, but not that important anyway unless you just like to watch big things being transported down the highway.      The land is (I believe) owned by a single family and they are negotiating some type of additional anticipated damages to the land directly with Devon. The original lease was signed almost three years ago when a wave of leasing swept through north Tangipahoa parish and extreme south Mississippi. The more recent leasing of the last year has also swept generally east to west fromTangipahoa parish westward as was the case with the more northern leasing of three years ago, but the more recent leasing has moved about ten to twelve miles south of the Kentwood area, expanding the leased area all the way to the southern most portion of the high resistance area in Tangipahoa  parish.(See AmeliaResources tucaloosa shale section for details of the high resistance area)There is a clause that allows them the optional two years, and I assume if they put pipe to ground they don't have to pay the additional lease money, but I could be wrong on that, and don't hesitate to correct me if I am.

Additionally, AmeliaResources revealed today that the new site up on River road is a Devon site. I posted previously on this site that I was puzzled by the fact that the river road location is not on a lineament line (see AmeliaResources Tuscaloosa marine shale Sept. Blog) I'm no geologist but that seemed like a very sensible and credible theory and I'm sure Kirk Barrell will be scratching his head over this one, which should soon result in the solving of the mystery. Now added to that is the Kentwood well, which is not exactly on a lineament line but is just a short distance directly to the north the Fluker lineament, and is more in keeping with Kirk's theory. Perhaps this location was just the result of not being able to acquire the more desirable acreage directly west and closer to the center of the northern portion of St. Helena parish, where the "Fluker lineament line" stretches on a line that runs roughly southeast to northwest.

Anyway, the River Road site is called the Northwest Wilmer Field and consists of two 880 acre units.(See Amelia.) (Just see Amelia for everything. It's your one stop shopping center for everything shale) It is interesting to note that if one draws a line between the Fluker well and the old Blades "double barrel" well (2 barrels a day for last 20 years) the new River Road field is not that far off the line. Now that is, of course, of no geological significance but perhaps they got really good data at the Fluker site and they figure that the geology is good at the Blades well since it's only a vertical and is producing slowly but steadily. Maybe they figure they got the land cheap, got the water close(Tangipahoa River very close),so maybe a little test well might be a good bet. That's my hairbrained theory for what it's worth. I'd like to see some trend depth readings through this area before I stake my new found geology career on that. :)

Anyway, that's my two cents for the day. As always, scientific expertise worshipped, hearsay welcomed, speculation studied thoughtfully, and scathing criticism responded to as kindly as possible, depending on how many bourbons I've had.

Passed by the site near I-55 in Fluker and saw that the rig had been removed.  The guard said that the rig had been moved to E. Feliciana.  Also that the pipe had been capped.  Wonder why there's still a guard there?  Anyone?

FRACING 1/24/12 SOTERRA WELL.

Thanks WineShine...any special reason for the guard?  I've gone by the one in Ethyl and another on the St. Helena line and there was no guard.  Just wondering.

The fracing equipment is being moved in today for Soterra..

Is there a new plat map East of Hwy 1058 in Chesbrough yet.

I have property east of 1058.  If you hear any info about this vicinity, please keep me informed...thanks~

Devon began drilling plugs out with coil tubing yesterday.

Any idea how long that will take? The lateral was reportedly only half a mile long unless they changed it? And what happens after that?

It's unlikely that Devon would drill out the plugs unless they had a pipeline ready to receive the gas.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service