O.K. Newbie here so cut me some slack if I screw this up. I just noticed there's no discussion group for my parish and communication among our residents is sketchy and patchy at best because we are VERY new to the oil play, so we don't have any collective wisdom here. Any comments, insights, or even heresay welcome here. What I have to contribute is just information on lease rates and the areas they are concentrating in right now. (Averaging $150 for first three, varying for next two. From 1/6 to 1/5 royalties.) Devon is about a month into drilling it's first Tangipahoa well just a little north of me in Fluker, Louisiana. I have friends who are part of the unit but they are not hearing much of anything. Security at the site is TIGHT with our local sheriff's office maintaining 24 hour presence a couple of hundred yards from the rig itself. They ask you your business and write it all down. I think it's called a "tight hole" or something like that. They are also going to be buying all the pond water nearby. I don't know how much they are paying but will ask around.I have heard that our state is limiting the drilling of wells for water but I'm not sure of that. It was just hearsay from a friend. Well that's it for now.This is a great site. I've learned tons here. Amelia Resources has been a great help as well. Keep up the good work people.

Views: 80545

Replies to This Discussion

Read the transcript on Devon's earnings call, and the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale seems to be a disappointment for them in the southern part where they have been drilling.

where do i go to read it.

To read transcript go to Tuscaloosa Trend, May 4, 2012.

I went to the Devon web site looking for a power point type presentation that went with the conference call.  I found what seemed to be one, but I would not come up.  Can you point me to same?

Oh. O.K. Thanks. I'm gonna have to find my oilfield slang dictionary again. I had a good one for awhile and then lost the link. I think it was Schlumberger's or something like that. Just out of curiousity, what area do you do your leasing in? (If you're at liberty to say)

Tangi, I've never taken a lease in my career.  I'm not "that kind" of landman.  I am a "research" landman, a kind of computer geek.  And, other than a midstream company, all my current clients are land/mineral owners or O&G attorneys who represent land/mineral owners.  I made a conscious decision early on to work for the lessors instead of the lessees.

http://www.glossary.oilfield.slb.com/

O.K. Live and learn. And thanks for the link.

From interstate 55 you can see a rig west of the interstate north of Hwy 10 in fluker, does anyone know who it is and if they are drilling a TMS well?

Doty, read your post, jumped in the truck and got a couple pics of the rig you're asking about.  The sign on north side of Hwy 10 is approx.2-3/10th of a mile from I-55 by an old logging road/new entrance to rig.  I got the rig pics standing on door of truck on side of interstate.  Looks like it's approx. 1/2 mi. or so off I-55. Drilling company is D&D Drilling.  No other sign of which production company.  This entrance used to be to an old drilling site..recently used only for hunting.  I can also say that it's approx. 1.2 miles north of the Devon scientific well in Tangipahoa/Fluker area (Soterra).  That's all my info..now you guys figure out the rest and let me know. :)

It's Sanchez Oil and Gas drilling a shallow well.  TD: 6700'

WELL HISTORY

SERIAL WELL NAME WELL NUM ORG ID FIELD ST CD PT WELL CLASS EFF DATE END DATE STAT DATE
244816 DENKMANN 003 S229 3890 01 00 05/01/2012 05/01/2012

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
05/07/2012 05 3695 SPUD 5/4/12; DRLD; RAN 8 5/8" CSG TO 823' W/ 350 SXS; NU & TSTD BOP'S 5/6/12; DRLG; (BOP INFO: ANNULAR, HYDRIL, 10", REAGON 900 SERIES, 3000; RAMS, SHAFFER, 3000);
05/01/2012 01 6700 FROM SW/COR OF SEC 31, GO NORTHERLY ALONG THE WEST BOUNDARY OF SEC 31 FOR 2901';THENCE EASTERLY @ R/A FOR 3135' IN SEC 31.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service