I'm hearing that West Feliciana is pretty hot right now. My cousin leased for $200/acre 1/5 royalty 3+2. He is located in the Wakefield area. Not sure who he leased to, but I was just wondering if there were any offers in the area.

Tags: Feliciana, Lease, TMS, West

Views: 17385

Replies to This Discussion

then i would be north.
the Ewell Bickham land was leased about 2 mts. ago, to who i don't know.
Thanks, I had not heard that. That is a very large tract and I don't doubt it was leased recently.

Thomas, 

Do you know whether Sonny Johnson has leased?

I don't know, I do know Ewell Bickham land was leased along with McKowen property on Hadden lane off Midway road. Was both of Sonny Johnson well dry.
I know the one East of your family's property was. I don't know where the other one is. Don't know about that one. If you can give me a Section, Township and Range I'll try to find it on SONRIS.
Relative or interpretive however you like it.

I don't quite understand you last comment. Its kind of cryptic.

I do know exactly where the shelf is in my area and the geology of the area. I've spent 40 years studying this area. I scouted the wells that were drilled during the Tusc era and the Ewell Bickham well almost came in in AC. It was drilled into the major regional fault that runs through Slaughter. The problem was the AC was so fractured that when LL&E drilled through to Tusc they muddy it up. They had a convoy of pre-mix mud trucks bringing mud in for a week. They had one truck unloading with another on the way. When they found nothing in Tusc they tried to make a well in AC. I went on-site and the Well Superintendent showed me a sample of the oil in a bottle. They swabbed for a week or more and never could get the oil to break through the mud. So Thomas and his family are in a very good area. That fault crosses the hwy right in front of their property.

Joe,

Where do you see the TMS oil phase window changing to a dry gas window? Below the shelf? I know the lower tusc sand fields around Baton Rouge are dry as a bone @ 18,000' (>300F). I assume the TMS will have 3 phases like the Eagle Ford and Utica want it?

Bulldog,

Good question but I'm not speculating on that. I have no idea. I think too many people are speculating and relying on the information from the EF area and trying to bring too much of that data into this area. This area will be defined by drilling and not by what the EF shows in TX. I think we need to see what develops over time. My concern in this is that there is an attitude that is developing that differentiates the area without any "real" information. 

Good point. It will be interesting to see what, if any of the TMS results are analogous with the E'ford.
I appreciate your input Joe. You are obviously knowledgeable about the area. My only point is that without multiple dip 2D lines along strike of the margin it is not definative. It is very interpretative with well control. I will keep your comments in mind on the next map I generate and attach.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service