I'm hearing that West Feliciana is pretty hot right now. My cousin leased for $200/acre 1/5 royalty 3+2. He is located in the Wakefield area. Not sure who he leased to, but I was just wondering if there were any offers in the area.

Tags: Feliciana, Lease, TMS, West

Views: 17385

Replies to This Discussion

Saw that Steve thanks for the info.

Has anyone heard of a Cortez Resources or Cortez Oil? They are supposed to have a 30,000 ac position in EF and Amite. 

Does anyone know of any other companies with leasehold in the TMS besides Devon, Encana, Goodrich, Anadarko (AC), Cortez, Sanchez......?

UPDATED TREND MAP:

Thanks to all of your responses and insight.

I made corrections on the map to reflect your input. I have been keeping up with this play since Encore began drilling their initial tests. It has been exciting to watch the play unfold.

Below are the changes/addtions that were taken into consideration.

Reply by Craig Wascom on August 16, 2011 at 10:30pm

I am northeast corner of Pointe Coupee section 27 3s 8e leased to Basin Properties( Anadarko?).

Reply by Steve on August 16, 2011 at 6:25pm

Encana is certainly spread out over a large area in my view - St.Helena Parish , West Feliciana Parish, Amite County and Wilkinson County. I would like to see a map of Encana's lease holdings in the TMS, including what Goodrich leased for them. I would also like to see what acreage Devon and its agents hold.

Reply by Joe Aldridge on August 16, 2011 at 4:10pm

There was a large group of land owners that recently leased 16 - 18,000 acres South of Jackson down to the Parish line. The bonus amount was $300.00 per acre. My understanding is that it was a small independent that has sold production in TX and wanted to get a foot in the door in the TMS. That is rumor.

Reply by bulldog on August 16, 2011 at 8:42pm

I have heard that Encana, Anadarko and Devon are leasing in the Wakefield area. Terms were 200-250/ac & 1/5th. Has anyone heard of any drill site prep in West Feliciana?

Reply by Joe Aldridge on August 17, 2011 at 1:17pm

I hate to be a party pooper but your marker for the shelf in not correct by several miles It should enter EBR parish about half way between the left corner of the parish and where you show it. The people in TX that are drawing these maps don't know where the shelf is in this area. For your information it crosses the EF parish line at Lindsey on Hwy. 964. That is just North of the Tusc. Hardy Brian well.

Reply by DCM on August 17, 2011 at 4:46pm

Resourceplaya.  Very resourceful.  Unless I am just misreading it, In looking at your map, however, it shows almost no leasing in Tangipahoa Parish.  Earlier this year, various news outlets reported that quite a few acres had been leased in Tangipahoa Parish.  See http://www.wbrz.com/news/land-leases-for-oil-and-gas-exploration-bo... and http://www.hammondstar.com/articles/2011/02/19/top_stories/8491.txt.  I understand that the initial 13,000 acre position reported in the media back in February is low.    Anyone have any indication of further activity in Tangipahoa Parish? 

Reply by Two Dogs, Pirate on August 18, 2011 at 10:38am

There is leasing going on in Tangipahoa.

Reply by Two Dogs, Pirate on August 18, 2011 at 11:11am

The landman that I know didn't disclose who he was working for. He did  tell me that he heard form lessors that Amelia, if I remember correctly, was buying leases in the parish.

Reply by bulldog on Thursday

Has anyone heard of a Cortez Resources or Cortez Oil? They are supposed to have a 30,000 ac position in EF and Amite. 

Attachments:
Thanks again for sharing your map.

Yes, Resuorceplaya, thanks for your efforts.

DCM

Very GOOD!!!!! Thanks for the info. Interesting that Devon is so spread out.Will be interesting to see what they do.

Sanchez Oil & Gas has bought out the Worldwide Companies production package. This includes ~ 12 fields located throughout Amite, Wilkinson, Pike & Franklin Counties Mississippi.

Horseshoe Hill 10H #1 Form 2 & Plat. This will be Encana's next well after the Weyerhaeuser 73H. I expect a late September spud date.

Attachments:
This location is near Woodville off Hobs Hill Lane - quite a ways west of Encana's other wells.
Stepping out. Gathering trend data.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service