Bossier auction on October 8th. Their starting bid is $27,500 per acre and a 25% share of the gas revenue. This should tell us something.

Buck

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The most stupid thing was buying on margin. If there had been no margin, he would still own all of his shares (albeit fewer than what he was able to buy with margin).

The less stupid thing (but still very stupid) was not diversifying after he made his first billion. It's one thing to bet the farm, it's quite another to bet over $1 billion on something that he should have known (from his own experiences) was subject to substantial exogenous risk.
Cleveland,

If he only has about 50 million left, he's about 49,999,999 smarter than I am.

I wish he would have pulled it off. I can't help but want someone like that to succeed. He was basically betting the farm on the HS. I want him to be right.
Definetly a fine Company with fine people......they had a great mission and it was going to work. They just didnt see this coming along with everyone else. I didnt see it coming....not to this magnitude! I knew we were in some type of trouble...just not this quick!
Greens do well in the winter......Maybe some collards and some mustards! Yummy...love them!
There are some good buys in the market today! You just have to pick them wise! Companies like General Mills, GE, Wells Fargo, Etc....these companies want make you a bunch of money but pay you some div and hopefully not loose to much in the process.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service