I'm trying to get a sense for where the mineral owning community is today in terms of what are their frustrations and what are their needs?

Are these evolving or have they stayed essentially the same? I know there are the issues that remain the same, i.e. Royalty deductions etc, but what else is on your radar and what would you change? Either post below or email me at keith@shaleforum.com.

Views: 3153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think a lot of folks feel that way about their mail box money.  O&G companies make mistakes and some times they knowingly do things unethical.  Sometimes down right illegal.  When in an economic pinch even the better companies are tempted to do what the unethical companies are doing and getting away with in order to stay in business.  Either way they are shielded by many elected and appointed officials bought and paid for over the years.  Unless you have a very good case and the money to hire an experienced O&G attorney, there is not much you can do directly.  There is something that you can do indirectly.  Stop voting for state legislators that take money from the energy industry.  And stop voting for appellate judges that don't promise to look out for the mineral owner.  A lot of the problems holding energy companies accountable are the result of case law.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. This is just so sick and so very wrong. Do you have any idea how I would go about finding out if this has happened to others? The company that I am talking about is Petro-Chem. It is so evident that the company is not being run correctly. Yes, my next step is to hire an attorney. Doing my homework. Looking for others that have had negative dealings with Petro-Chem. I can't be the only one!!!!

If you would like to speak with an experienced O&G attorney that does not have conflicts from working for operating companies, I recommend Randy Davidson in Shreveport, 318-424-4342.

Thanks so very much. Please do not forget me, if you find any information in the future, please contact me, Thanks, E

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service