EXCO Resources seems to be rather quiet in all the HS hoopla. Their SEC filings say they are planning 3 wells in the HS for 2008. And about 14 verticals. Anyone heard anything else? Are the big players tying up the limited number of companies that can drill a horizontal? We own property in sections 12, 13, 24, and 25. T14N-R13W. From what I can tell from here (Illinois)EXCO has quite a leasehold in this area and most landowners are HBP in the CV formation. Would this not be a good place to drill the shale since it would not involve the huge bonus payments?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in 14-14 Exco notified me they planned to drill 11 vertical in the section 24 that I am in
Winchester is quiet but they are #1 in LA 2008 gas production by a large margin. Last year they were 9th, CHK 10th. They've made a huge leap this year. Suppose that could be to make them more attractive to any potential buyer. Would also suppose that trend to continue with EXCO. Info on 2007, 8 from Sonris. I'd expect horizontals to be plentiful from the verticals holding acreage by production at some later time.
Keith, there is a big error in Winchester's April '08 production for the Caspiana Field. This makes their 2008 volume way overstated.
Les B, can you explain this further? I'm in Sec. 21-15-13, one section north of many producing Winchester wells. I've looked at the production figures given for some of their recent completions, and the figures are pretty good for Cotton Valley production - somewhere in the 10,000 mcf range, if I remember correctly. Are figures like these overstated, as you say?
M Mcwilliams, sorry didn't mean to alarm anyone. There is only one well that has a mis-stated volume for April 08. LUW 61571 in the Caspiana Field has a produced volume of 500,010,508 Mcf which looks a little suspect.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service