I have a co-worker that said a company can lease all the city streets and who ever leases those will tie up the rest of the city properties from this. Did the parishes put up all their streets with their bids? How does it work leasesing your property with a city street in front of you? I thought I heard some companies will include 1/2 of your street to your acreage, is this true?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leases from governmental bodies include horizontal and vertical Pugh clauses which release acreage and zones not in production after the expiration of the primary term. City property will not be "tied-up" As to the street in front of you, it would depend on what type of instrument established it to determine the ownership of the minerals under it. Generally, your lot description and survey would end at the street. You can't talk generally about the ownership, you have to examine the instruments (deeds, dedications, right-of-ways, etc.)
Thank you
I have been told by an attorney that Parish roads that were established after the adjoining land owners had built the roads and then subsequently taken into Parish road systems have not lost any mineral rights under such roads. Those Parish's have surface rights not sub-surface rights, so I've been told.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service