http://www.cngnow.com/EN-US/Action/Pages/default.aspx

Reasons:
1. It will make your royalties worth more
2. It will give gas companies incentive to drill more and expand production
3. CNG is cheaper than gasoline
4. CNG is much cleaner than gasoline combustable engine
5. We have to wean ourselves from middle east oil
6. The north LA economy will explode

I'm sure there are others. By no means am I a liberal but this is one "green" proposal that I support. I'm sick of our country sending billions of dollars to the middle east so they can produce more Osamas.

Write your representatives. I did.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The difference between then and March of 2008 is that we have found and identified enough gas to last seventy five years and can be predictably produced my methods we have today."

Great point. There were no proven shale resource plays back in the 80s and early 90s. All we had were the higher risk lower cost conventional reserves. NG didn't make sense then but does now. This will be a stable source in a stable market. The DeSoto parish Sheriff's office won't take over a pipeline just because they want it like Russia took over the Georgia BP line :)
The bigger diff. today is: Newer Technology. That is what is going to revolutionize the U.S. energy marketplace. No matter what the source, i.e., new-found oil fields, ng, coal, etc., the development of the newest technology will be the key to how we use transportation, utilities, etc. We need to put $$$ into R&D, which has been greatly underfunded over the past 30+ years.
Maybe newly found shale $ will help with this too.

DrWAVeSport 9/9/08
EPA certification is done on a per vehicle basis. A conversion for a 2005 F-150 with a 5.4 ltr engine that is EPA approved does not meet EPA approval on a 2006 F-150 functionally identical. Absolute B---S---! Even though the engine is 75% cleaner than a gasoline engine right from the start. For CNG to work this kind of pure roadblock crap must be repealed.
Any idea why?
To make it unnecessarily complicated. To discourage the switch to CNG. To retard the process. As to the why - I don't have any idea. Maintaining the current state of affairs benefits the oil industry and investors. Conspiracy theory or market conditions. I can't buy what is not available. Automakers sell a lot of CNGV overseas. New models are in european dealerships before they are sold in the US. Strange thing for GM, Ford to do, but it is true. The reason is probably as simple as the overseas markets are more savvy than ours. They demand better products.
"Of course these behemoth, bureaucratic entities had nothing to do with developing these shale plays, with the exception of Shell."

Competition is good for the landowner. If you have 1 company trying to lease your land you get $100/acre offer, 2 companies $2,000/acre offer, 3 or more maybe a $20k/acre offer. If you have 10 companies trying to lease your land and 4 of them include Exxon/BP/Shell/Chevron then you are going to get a lot more for your lease.
That's true.
"Maybe Mr. Chesapeake can become the loudspeaker for convincing the American consumer to invest in their own desire to become energy strong, instead of remaining energy poor."

I believe he is along with Pickens.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service