If you ask me, I do not believe that CHK and HK can drill all of this newly acquired acreage and hold it before a bulk of the leases expire....

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This technique, "Pad Drilling", is starting to be the way to go for everyone. This is being done in the Barnett and in the Piceance (Rockies) as well as Oklahoma and Arkansas. It costs a little bit more to secure the topside land rights and build the pad but the cost savings in terms of rig moves, facility installation, etc. are very large. You'll see much more of this along the way. Another big big savings is the ability to build one frac pit and utilize it for several wells, rather than having to dig a pit, use it, then restore it for each and every well. Unless you are the surface owner of the drill site, it has neglible impact on royalty owners.
it also ties up leases that are going to expire soon by putting the land into production . 4 sec at a time .
I think people put way too much credence on section lines. The key is to get wells drilled. If a pad allows you to drill 4 wells a lot cheaper and a lot faster, then that's a great thing. Those four wells will start to bring in royalty payments, the real "prize" here. The reservoir doesn't know about these little lines. I'm about getting wells drilled, lots of them. This will make us all forget about these leasing bonuses, $25,000/acre, $100/acre, etc.

In today's environment, I'm looking for positives. There aren't many!! Heard a guy this morning on CNBC predicting a 27-36 month recession. Ouch!
yes that will be great , if they will produce the wells and not cap and go
THEY ALSO DO NOT SELL GAS FOR $2 AND MAKE ANY MONEY , AND IT LOOKS LIKE GAS IS GOING SOUTH
I figure they will do just enough to hold the leases by production.
Jim, the discussion was about holding acreage so it would require far fewer wells than calculated.
My arithmetic works out a little different for CHK. Lets just assume none of the 500,000 acres is HPB, with 640 acre units, they only need 781 wells to hold the leases. I know to fully develop it with 8 wells per section will take many years, but the discussion was about drilling before the lease expires. I have seen on here that even after cutting back, CHK still plans to operate 14-19 rigs in the HS in 2009, they could probably pull it off. I also don;t thinl they spent millions of dollars just to lose it.
Shale Geo,
What's the word round the campfire about the sustained production of Messenger? I have not had good info on the recent performance of the southern locations.
Jay, so was the net thickness similar to the Red River Parish wells?
What about the leases that have been signed with the 1920 acreage clause.If landowner agrees then it wouldnt have to go before the DOC would it?By signing the lease they are agreeing in principle to the 1920.
KB, build an LNG plant in Qatar or Australia. Of course you need those high prices to make a reasonable profit.

Just understand that not all international gas sells for those spot LNG cargo prices you see quoted in the news. A lot of gas is sold to local markets in the Middle East and Asia at a fraction of US prices due to government controls.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service