T15N-R16W-S15 Looking for more landowners in this section!

I just recently found this site and would very much like to talk with other landowners.

I have 10 acres in this section. It was initially leased in 2006 by Sendero Energy ($100 per acre) and later bought out by Chesepeakeake. I knew nothing of "neighborhood organizations" back then. Although I tried my best at research, there was very little information to be found at the time, even on the internet. And, why aren't Oil & Gas lawyers listed in the telephone book?

During my research I found out that I live in a "forced pooling" state and they would drill whether I signed or not. If I chose NOT to sign I could be forced to pay for a portion of the drilling costs etc... pretty scary stuff for a single parent at the time!

Also, the going price per acre and royalty percentage I was being offered, was comperable to the other TWO I was able to dig up, "in my spare time." Which meant that my chances of negotiating $27,500 per acre verses the $100 they were offering were pretty slim, even if I'd had the notion.

So, seeing as though my chrystal ball was on the blink and my ESP was nowhere to be found I went ahead and signed up!

Alas, what's done is done and I'm told there's no going back, nor much sense in crying over the unfortunate accident that nice young landman recently encountered. I'm sure he won't miss those two front teeth. (JUST KIDDING! lol)

Any news, information or status on this section would be nice. :o)

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We live in section 28 T15N 16 W.We also signed in 2006 with Stellios(Rising Star)and we just found out a few months ago that Chesapeke now owns our lease.Someone cleared trees out on the property next to us a couple of months ago,but no one has done anythig yet.we haven't received anything saying they are going to drill.Have ya'll seen the large area they are clearing on Johns Gin Rd?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service