State your notes of thanks and remembrances here...

I was actually working in DC at the time and had the unfortunate opportunity to see the Pentagon (from the interestate) 15 minutes after Flight 77 crashed into it. I had been running late for work when a co-worker called and told me to not come in...I decided to go ahead and head into the District. My girlfriend (now wife) worked in the city as well and I decided to track her down. I was able to track her down, but because the traffic was so heavy, we pulled over and went into a cafe and watched the happenings on TV.

My prayers and thoughts of gratitude go out to all those who suffered and sacrificed.

Please post where you were/your thoughts...

Tags: 911

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks KB...anyone esle out there??
I was at work in Oklahoma City, just 3 blocks north of the site of the bombing in 1995. I was overcome with shock and horror. All of the families and friends are always in my prayers.

Never forget!

David (East Texas mineral owner)
I was working on a shipping dock when I heard the news. At first I thought it was an accident. Then when I heard about the second tower I knew it wasn't.
The shock and horror consumed me at first, and then the anger took over. It is still to this day the only anger I carry with me.
It was election day and I was getting ready to go help a friend who was running for a state senate seat. I was watching the CBS Today show and I heard Bryant Gumble say a plane has just flown into the World Trade Center and he said we have a film crew already there and they started to show live footage.... I can remember what I was wearing and the type of car I had that year. My friend Michigan State Senator Hansen Clark won the election. I couldn't leave home for nearly a week... I had just been in New Yrok a few days earlier and my daughter wanted to visit the World Trade Center and I told her we would visit on out next trip to New York....
I was in bed asleep and got a phone call turned the TV on in time to see the 2nd plane hit. Later that afternoon I had to leave to take a load to New Orleans for an air show , While fueling at the Pilot in Haughton fuel jumped 30 cents a gallon.
Still sleeping, living in San Francisco at the time. Got a call from my mother (who lives in Illinois). She woke me up and told me to turn on the TV. I dropped the phone when I got the TV on. Jason and I watched the coverage non-stop.

My boss at the time was scheduled for a mid-morning meeting with the Morgan Stanley office in Tower 2. Took us forever to get through on the phone to him to hear that he was still at his hotel when it happened. But for the grace of God.

Still devastating to think about.
I was at work at the middle school in North Shreveport. The custodian burst into my office and said turn on your tv. A plane has just hit one of the Twin Towers. I turned it on just in time to see the second Tower being hit. My heart broke that day. I cried like a baby for all of the innocent lives that were lost. I have tears in my eyes now just thinking about it.
Ironically, I was a 6th grade student in middle school when we got word that President Kennedy had been shot. That sad November day, seems that I lost my sense of innocence. It was nothing compared to that awful September day when I lost my sense of security.
Forget...................never!
just getting out of bed......
i was on a Greyhound bus traveling, we didnt know anything until about noon when we stopped in Jackson, Mississippi and all transportation was halted. I called my daughter in Shreveport and she came to Jackson and got me. Being a military brat growing up I was scared to death, my daddy always worried this would happen and cause another world war...... I now worry that it still could happen again....
I was franticaly trying to establish contact with my daughter who works in DC. She had only recently moved there and was unfamiliar with much of the city. The only way she knew to get home was I-395 South which runs beside the Pentagon. The city was being evacuated north and east and she eventually had to get home thru
Annapolis, south toward Richmond and then back toward Arlington. It took about 7 hours. As an essential employee, she had to return to work on 9/12. The horror of what happened that day should remain with each of us as we remember those who paid with their lives. Likewise we need to remember and respect those who work each day to keep us free and safe. God Bless America!!!
I received a phone call on the way to work about the first crash and thought it was an accident only to turn on the tv at work to see the second plane crash and I knew at that moment many innocent lives were lost. As time went on I was thinking to myself that the people needed to get out NOW before the building collapsed. It was obvious from watching the damage that they would not be able to hold up for long.

I can't begin to imagine the terror all of those people felt before they died. And to the people on the top floors who absolutely no hope at all . . .well, it still breaks my heart.

My problem is this . . . what is the need for all this evil in the world.

I pray for those who lost their lives that day as well as the NYPD, NYFD and all other rescuers who put theirs lives on the line that day.

With God's help, goodness will prevail.
I was in Long Beach, CA and for some reason turned on the TV that morning, something that I didn't normally do. I was in shock for a long time.

At the heart of the issue are people those who really hate us, those who were killed and maimed and those who lost loved ones.

My family and I arrived in this country in 1998 from another country where random acts of violence were common. Their were very few people who had not been affected and it took us a while before we started to relax and stop looking over our shoulders. Relaxed in Los Angeles !!?? - People seem suprised when we tell them that.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who suffered and are suffering.

There are many images that come to mind of that day but the one that stands out was of Palestinian woman and Children rejoicing in the streets over this horrible tragedy. Something is very wrong in our world.

It is good to remain vigilant because it is easy to fall into a sense of complacency and an "It can never happen to me" attitude. As many people found out on 911, security is a myth and never totally possible but one just has to face ones fears and get on with life.

America don't forget God's blessings.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service