Did 9/11 impact who you have become today?

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

It made me focus on what was important in my life. My family has always been my main focus, but I think 9/11 made me appreciate every moment even more.

I always tell my son that God blesses us even through the bad events in our lives.

I believe that the higher level of appreciation that I began to have for the "little things" was the blessing that 9/11 brought to me.
Parker,
I wish mine was as nice as yours. I think most of us have talk about anger or hate on here before. To hate a person is a vile act that I do not take lightly. I must say at the risk of being a hyprocrite I still carry some hate in my heart. When I hear of top Taliban leaders being killed I feel a sense of relief and joy and yet he is a human being. I struggle with the fact that God has taught us to love not hate, but yet I fine joy in the death of another. Maybe I'm weird I don't know. But one day I will stand before God's judgement I hope he show's me mercy.
Dorcheated,
You very eloquently stated what a lot of us feel. You are not weird, but like me, a very honest person. Our feelings are ours, right or wrong.
I am not proud of the fact that I mistrust anyone of Middle Eastern descent. When I walk into a convenience store and see a man that may or not be Muslim, I turn around and leave. No way will I spend my hard earned money with someone that may be sending it back to Iraq to use in the killing of our military men and women. Is that radical and inane thinking? Probably so, but this is America, the greatest land in the world, where I am free to make that choice.
Thanks Cathaus.
9-11-01 came as no suprise to me. Two weeks before it happened, the over night guard and myself had just discussed the very possibility of an attack on New York or even the Capital in Washington D. C. There have been car bombings in places like Northern Ireland. I always wondered why the wars were always ( OVER THERE ) . Now for the last 25 years I have been saying that it's coming here. Talk about the handwriting on the wall---it's here folks and it's not going away. The DARK FORCES are out there doing the work of the devil. Some of them even say the U. S. destroyed the towers itself for what ever stupid reason they could make up. I do think the STUPID government officials allowed it to happen with their crazy ideas . Open the borders to anyone, even give them a grant to open business and not have to pay taxes for 5 years. Let you or me try not paying taxes for 5 years. What a joke we have in our congressional law makers. Pee-on-low-skie won't even let a vote on any energy bill because she has been bought-off, she has got hers and she don't care about you. Yes, and you Joe Biden are part of that crowd. I will not vote for Stupid people who have sold the United States out, and will continue to aid in it's complete destruction if we allow them to . Our constitution is being torn-up and thrown in our faces every single day by the very ones we have placed our trust in to protect it. I am going to do everything in my power to change that. The question is will you do the same? Look at the prisoners ( Of war ) at Getmo,,,Ben cave man's driver- 5 1/2 years--will be out shortly to go kill more of our sons and daughters. We have people in jail here ( U. S. citizens ) that serve much longer time for small crimes. Where is the justice in that? Our STUPID law makers again. All I ask is that you think about the evil in our own country when you go vote.
I know I will be attacked by those DARK FORCES for the above comments. Dark Forces are everywhere, even on this very site the G/H/S
I am lrb2brnot2b and I approve this message, I make it freely.
I spent three years living and working in Iraq after 9/11. As a Christian, I cannot accept the teachings and principles of the Muslim religion. However, I became very well acquainted with many Iraqi and Jordanian citizens. These people are, for the most part, struggling for a decent life for themselves and their children just like you and me. I can't tell you how many times my heart was broken when I saw terrible things happen in the lives of these good people completely undeserved and out of their control. You cannot imagine the fear and uncertainty millions of people live under every day until you see it first hand.

So 9/11 has made me so much more thankful to God and the brave men who made this country what is. My patriotism and determination that the USA maintain its founding principles has increased 1000 fold.
For the most part, no matter what our religious or ethnic background may be, people all over the world want the same things out of life. We just want to feel safe in our own homes, enough food to feed our children, freedom from political persecution, etc. I remember telling my co-workers after the Twin Towers and Pentagon bombings, that now I have a small glimpse into the lives of the Israelis. They live with that sort of thing day in and day out. God Bless America.
Rewriting my reply. Initially it did, but now not so much. I think Oklahoma City bombing did more in the long run. I appreciate ToroGuy S4 response on this page. Except I would add brave women. You too Cathaus.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service