Can someone please help me? My shale group is still in negotiations
with a gas company. With all the recent news, does this mean my
group has waited too long and lost out on leasing?

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. The development of this play is in it's infancy.
Thank you!
i understand.my group is still in negotiations too.im getting a little frustraded.it seems to be taking a long time.right now many people need the extra money bad.im one of those people.i keep cheking my group website and it has yet to be updated since 9/15/08 and at that point they had 2 companies that were interested and they were having meetings last week to discuss lease terms and payment details.

Robert,
We seem to belong to the same Homeowners Coaliltion.
i think we are .section 3 t-16N r-14W.part of swshc.&krbkpoc.i got an email today stating that there should be an offer in 3 business days from chesapeake!can't wait to see!email dated september 24.so maybe monday!
It takes a while to negotiate a lease. This is not a fast process. Especially if you are negotiating protections they do not like to give and for a lot of people. Hang in there.
You have a valid point. Now they will likely concentrate on areas they can lease for less and drilling in areas they already have leased. They will then come back to the other unleased areas when the outlying areas are gobbled up or the prices come up there as well.
I'd probably wait it out. NG prices have plummeted to the point that producers are considering shutting in wells (not Haynesville). Credit markets have seized up. Stock prices have been cut in half. Right now, E&P companies have more pressing concerns than getting that last little bit of acreage and are probably offering half of what they were a couple of months ago. Things will get better eventually, so I'd hang on until then. Good luck.
I have an offer on the table 15k, some in the section are taking it some belong to the east 80 group whose goal is to lease everyone in the group for 17.5k at one time, all or none. I belive this will be hard to with the number of sections included. My question is if say 70% leases what tatic could they use to get the rest since the hold outs or most may be part of the east 80 Group? What would ya'll do sign or hold out?
Thanks everyone!
Well Said Desoto Man!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service