My next-door neighbor works for Halliburton and I have been conducting numerous yard meetings with him concerning the Haynesville shale and their fracking of the wells in that formation.

For the most part they have been working mostly vertical wells in other zones. Needless to say the lack of information with the entire do going on was a little disconcerting.

However about a week ago he came over with a big smile and said we are learning how to frack the Haynesville shale wells. We did a Devon well a few days ago in East Texas in the Haynesville shale and increased the pressure from 3000 to 5000 and then made some adjustments (as best I under stood him it was the number of trucks connected to the manifold, RPMS etc. they hit it again and got 9000.

Next trip same area rather than the normal 6 to 8 trucks they took 15 trucks (said it looked like the circus was leaving town).

Hooked eight trucks up to the manifold (he said he wanted to get behind a tree) and with one frack produced 9500.

Granted, you can make multiple fracks along a horizontal drill he maintained this one just one frack. I’ll leave the book open on that.

Point is they are all learning. As we are!

Buck

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the report. I'm glad to hear the locals are getting some HS Horizontal experience.
Very interesting - better drilling techniques are helpful to everyone involved. Thanks for sharing the details of your conversation. Is your neighbor a member of the site? If not, send him over here - we'd love to have him.
Thank you for the information. This is positive news...
I'm picturing Tim the Tool Man visiting with Wilson over the fence....makes for good intel though!

Sounds great to me too...as they're learning the ropes of frac'ing horizontals. Not sure I would have looked for a tree....barring no nearby 2-foot concreted walls, I would have assumed the image of Kilroy in a low ditch ......and wearing my hard hat of course.

^ ^
0 0
~~~~~~~

The ShaleRider :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service