REALLY THIS POST BELONGS ON THIS SITE. I feel "bitter" for only getting $200 per acre. Especially since I was "wooed" in the beginning. I was one of the first. And on top of that, look at how much money my former "wooer" is spending on their recent desire. It hurts to think they didn't feel more strongly about me. And of course I think that I gave them some of the "best" years - I mean HS. I'll feel better when we get to the "COMMUNITY PROPERTY SETTLEMENT".

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am trying to say that I think I am letting my emotions get away from me the way that people do in a divorce.
just think about the people who live just outside of the Shale.
They would be willing to take no bonus $$ for a piece of the action.

Ask yourself this ??....was it a good deal [for you] at the time.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! I leased 100 acres in April of 2007 for 150. and 3/16 ths. At the time I was happy to get it. I guess we can't dwell on the past and should just look forward to whatever we're blessed with. I probably don't feel any worse than those that leased a couple of months ago for 2-4 thousand and now the same area is bringing 13 plus.
I signed 2 1/2 yrs ago for my property in North Bossier, a few miles north of I 220. I didn't get much, but I think that the company that leased it didn't know about HS at that time either. I was just glad to see some activity. I made the best deal I could at the time. Now, I hope there are some royalty checks coming in the future.
I PUT THIS POST UP BECAUSE I HAVE HAD TO GIVE MYSELF A GOOD SWIFT KICK IN THE BUT. THIS WAS MY ATTEMT AT HUMOR.

I am thankful, very thankful.

I was just thinking that I feel some of the same things I felt in my divorce. Got past all of that. Honestly can now feel blessed with that situation. And I'm sure when the checks start rolling in, I will not be worried about a bonus. That is just it - it is just a bonus on what the pay day will be.

Randy, I'm sorry you have got some of the brunt of my ire. (You are brave to even say that you are a landman).

I really wasn't upset about any of this until the landman tried to get me to take 1/8 of the going rate to put a road on my property, to make a well on someone elses property.
That will turn out fine too. It just got to me.
I am very slow to anger.
But when the kettle boils..........
I love you too , Randy. Even if you are playing golf with Parkers landman tommorrow! Tell them to use a helicopter and fly everything in to the site.Tell them to use the money they saved on your deal for the choper!
Amen.
I like the old saying " once you make a decision, forget about it and move on". I see signs driving down Colquitt road ($17,000) acre and 3 months ago I got $275. It's human nature to feel like you have been ripped off but I talked to more of my neighbors and they got the same money. At least now I don't feel like the only idiot. But I'm not an idiot, it was the best decision at this time with the information I had. I keep seeing that check in my mind for$522.00 and imagine it could have been close to $40,000 but this is only destructive thinking. Hindsight is 20-20 and humans learn from mistakes. (well some do) So we have to stop kicking ourselves and realize the made the right decision at the time. Now it's time to focus on what we do have and not to let this shale rule our lives. I have worked in manufacturing for 34 years and my body is worn out. No amount of money will fix that but it will allow me to retire and maybe enjoy what time I do have left. With this kind of money involved it's a cut-throat business so we have to expect these companies to get the best deal for themselves. If everyone in this shale play demanded $20,000 and acre I doubt we would see the first rig going up in our area. We have to find what a fair price is for our land and to resist greed and trying to outdo the other guy. It's easy to become obsessed with all this when you hear about the millions of dollars floating around. Hopefully we all will live a more comfortable life and this shale will be a good thing for all of us.
Parker, you're not alone in that boat. I signed a couple of years ago and at the time I felt I had made a good deal. And at that time it probably was. Now all I can do is try to educate myself through this site and other means before my lease comes up for renewal so that I'm better prepared the next time.

My THANKS to this site for sharing a wealth of information most of us wouldn't have had otherwise!!!!
I agree with you whole heartedly on every statement except (if everyone demanded $20,000...)

By everything reported if eveyone demanded $30,000 - $40,000 it would still be financial feasable for them to drill.

Of course most people, will take what is offered, because we can all use the extra money in this tight economy.

I agree with SS on several of his posts. It hurts me to see others getting small amounts now that the information is available.

I don't need (nor want) to get more than any other individual. I just want reasonable consideration for a valuable comodity.

I got paid around $50,000.00 for what now amounts to $8,4000,000 - $11,200,000 present value to the company.

Even by conservative estimates that is less than 1% of the present value to the company.

Knowedge is power. They had the knowledge.
Please also do not make the mistake of thinking that I am presently a wealty individual. I AM NOT.

(Not financially wealthy - but very wealthy in other ways).
a lot of folks got taken-fast concerning the mineral"lease contracts

we need to get a head on these "surface" contracts...

is this another $$$ contract? and what do they want..

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service