offers for existing mineral rights with wells--panola -shelby county

We are getting offers on our families mineral rights on existing wells in panola and shelby county. Is there anyway to lease the deeper (haynesville) land? It seems these folks have a plan to do it. Many of these are old leases and we are looking to see if any are forced pooled or voluntarily pooled. Any suggestions on how to proceed to negotiate with existing leaseholders or are we just screwed>

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WoodsPostOffice,
Do they really have no obigation to provide a copy of the lease if requested by the Lessor. If no copy can be produced, how can the O&G company hold their mineral position?
Shelby
Timmy Bob,
Are you working the Haynesville Shale leases in Texas? Are Pugh Clauses
unrecorded, opening up permanent held by production rights for O&G companies, as long as they have been in compliance for say many years, on existing leases.
Shelby
Jim McConnell,
Just approaching the issue with a little skeptism; some of the recording devices I've seen on abandoned wells look like a rusted music box; would think one would want to verify lifetimes of compliance by both the mineral owner and the O&G companies.
Shelby
What do you have to do to verify compliance? A lengthy road with a lot of forks? Or can you go to the courthouse and look those up. I know the companies have to register with the state the production figures but who does that research professionally? Is it worth it? yes if .00008 vs .25% but how slippery is this slope?
No gas company would contest this, or would this be fruitless effort? Could a shut in qualify as an abandoned well? What is the difference between a shut-in or capped well and an abondoned well; $2.50 cent per acre per year for shut-in fee? I guess if they failed to pay shut in, the lease would be mute, and their interest truly would be abandoned.
Shelby
As I understand it , in Texas the courts have said the company who developes the minerals has an implied obligation to develop the acreage to its potential. So If you have a rinky dink well doing nothing and other acreage around you is pumping haynesville millions, you probably have a good case. My bet is whoever wants that property knows something or they wouldnt be wanting it. I'm not an attny. but you should find a good one.
thanks for the advice gone fishin. I guess sooner or later we all have to get tight with an attorney. i know some good ones fortunately, but, it still is stressing to have to jump through endless hoops to get to the obvious.
shelby
How do you search a particular field to see if it was drilled to a proper density or if drilled continuosly. I agree that lease money has done a lot of good and with a contract both sides must live up to their side. However I believe researching your leases is important. As well as a fair market value if applicable. Thanks for all responses

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service