PENALTY FOR NOT REPORTING RESULTS? HOW LONG DO THEY HAVE?

I understand that there is a penalty and fine that the drilling companies will get hit with for not reporting on time. How long do they have to report well information to Sonris? Also, how much would the penalty be for not reporting within the time frame? I am most concerned about the Shell wells in North Sabine Parish but I am sure there are others that are withholding the valuable information that we are all looking for. Thanks for the help in understanding the wonderful world of Oil and Gas.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Family and I drove around South Caddo...Ellerbe Rd., Norris Ferry, down into the very Northern section and through Desoto Parish. We cut through different roads and backways. We spent several hours looking for well sites. And, WE HAD NO IDEA THE NUMBER OF WELLS/OFF SETS/TANKS, ETC. THAT ARE IN THIS AREA!!! Drilling rigs abound!!! All look pretty darn fresh too!!!

JW...I cannot see where many of these wells are reporting????? Do you think anyone down there in Baton Rouge ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING UP HERE????
Maybe the Commissioner of Conservation and the Mineral Board need to take a trip to NWLa and take a look see...Count these new wells and Get An Eye-Full as to what is and what is not being REPORTED!
You should go to google earth and look at all of the brown/tan squares that are in south caddo and north desoto.

Or go to www.section7bossier.blogspot.com and look at the map at the bottom of the page.
Doc, I totally agree with you. You would think that they would realize the importance of this play and make sure that the rules are being followed. This play is not only important to all of the landowners sitting on the edge of their chair to gain a piece of this massive pie but it is also putting a lot of money into the local and state goverments. I sure hope that there isn't some good ole boy corruption beginning this early in the game. The leases paid to the local governments were above the going rates at the time. I doubt that they paid those amounts with intentions of showing their hands. We should probably let the Commissioner know that we are watching and we will be asking questions.
JW,

I completely agree with you. We do live in "Louisiana," so I suppose it goes without saying...corruption has always been in play when "gambling boats," "horse racing," "video poker,"...bring in Mega Bucks.

I feel sure..."The Haynesville Shale Play," will make Mega Millions for those "figures" in LA government who may have their eyes closed more often than not. Didn't we have a Governor end up in jail for said corruption?
Yeah, that's right...Governor Edwards.

It looks like a "GREAT" opportunity is coming around again!

Eventually, these wells have to report something...or some very angry stockholders/investment banks are going to be shouting a whole lot louder than us Haynesville Shalers. They CANNOT be reporting, oh I would guesstimate 80-90% , or anywhere near what the level of drilling activity around South Caddo, North DeSoto is experiencing...or what I saw today, in just the few hours of checking out the countryside.

I was driving, and all I could hear was..."look, there's another one...and look, there are 3 more...and look over there, 3 more rigs," etc., etc., etc. This went on for hours! "They are putting down "pads" in every nook-and-cranny road we went down...lots of them on small dead-end roads... I lost count early on!

Sonris? I would call it a joke...if I didn't visit there so often! (Ha, Ha)

Your guess is as good as mine? I wonder what life would look like in the Haynesville Shale if logs of ALL those new wells (I saw today) were reported on the front page of the Shreveport Times tomorrow???

I cannot help but be very "skeptical" about the picture I am seeing...and the picture I am being "told" about!

Mucho Moneys coming in....Nada Moneys going out (payouts)????? Very strange indeed!
A little birdy told me a lot of them are being fined $500/day for not reporting in a timely fashion. At an operating cost of $45,000/day, a $500 fine is a real incentive to report, isn't it?! ;-)
I think that the time limit on reporting information depends on what the information is. I believe that on the production reports, that the companies have to report on a quarterly schedule. They have 30 days from the last day in the preceding quarter in which to report the information before they are penalized. The info for the first quarter of 2008 (Jan-Mar) is due 30 days after March 31, 2008. On the Chesapeake wells that have recently been completed in June, this information would only be due on July 31 before a penalty or fine would be assessed. Chesapeake has already stated that they will provide their production numbers before they are late and will hold a press conference on Aug. 2 or 3. I am not defending that they have the ability to give those numbers out now, but they are not late as of yet.
I don't think that Chesapeake and Petrohawk have been delayed in announcing their results. They have an incentive to get the good news out to the public. That incentive being their stock price. I guess my post was mainly directed at the Olympia Minerals, Murray, and the Messenger well North of Natchitoches. I know the two Shell wells are complete and the rigs have been moved to other sites in Desoto Parish. I believe that the Messenger is still drilling but they have sure slowed down in the last couple of weeks. I originally thought that they were trying to lock down more acreage before they published the results which may be the case but things have quitened down on the south end.
>>I don't think that Chesapeake and Petrohawk have been delayed in announcing their results.

CHK was one such company specifically mentioned by my friend.

I encourage everyone to visit often, the SONRIS site and become familiar with it. Learn the status codes, the operator ID codes, like C084 (Chesapeake) for example. Check for compliance details. You'll find a list of violations for many companies.
Thanks for the input. If I read your post correctly, Shell completed the Olympia Minerals well on 6/24/2008. The last report they made showed that they were finished drilling and evaluating the well. If what you say is correct, shouldn't they have to report on the well by July 31st?
i know that shell takes alot longer to drill the well and get producing than any other company. petrohawk usually takes about 2 months max, and shell takes a little over a month between drilling the surface string, and a little longer for the intermediate and long string. shell is tooooooo safety oriented were is slows the work way down...
$15,000.00 per month in fines is a small price to pay for withholding information that could cost the drilling companies millions in lease bonuses if the real production rates are published.
Gentlemen , as long as discussions take place in this manner it will cost them more then the fines could ever cost. It costs them credibility with us. The loud ones especially , like myself. The more hideing they do the more ammo they feed us.If people continue to find out through avenues such as this forum , the message will be spread!

We didn't get 'em all Doc ! Looks like more than a good handfull though. Great discussion guy's ! Keep printing the proof !

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service